Pages

Saturday, January 30

2x FOTD's - Pretty at the Races vs Rocking out at ACDC

Had a pretty busy day yesterday. Wellington turned on a GORGEOUS summers day, which was perfect for the Wellington Cup  Day races I was going to with my flat mate. I got my make up done for the event at Mecca Cosmetics because I had purchased something from their store back in December and they offered me a free make up session in January. A girl can't say no to that right?
Because I was wearing a pastel yellow dress I requested for my look to be bronzy, goldy & pinks with a soft/barbie pink lip. See look below - what do you think?
Some of the main products (the ones I can remember)  the make up artist used on me were: 
FACE: Prescriptives Flawless Skin Liquid Foundation,  Prescriptives Magic Powder, NARS Blush - Lovejoy, NARS Laguna Bronzer,  NARS Albatros as highlighter.
EYES: NARS hula hula eye shadow duo on the lid (I own this one and love it!), for the crease and lower lid she used a warm gold colour from the Stila charmed eye shadow palette mixed with a Fig eyeshadow (can't remember the brand - woops) Liner: Stila Smudge pot in black.
LIPS: NARS Roman Holiday Lipstick & NARS Turkish Delight (both on my wishlist! If only NARS wasn't so expensive in NZ!)

It was pretty funny because I think I am quite particular in the way I like to wear my make up. In beginning the look was pretty natural so I had to ask the make up artist to darken the crease a bit & to add eye liner..don't think I could ever really leave the house without eye liner so that was a definite add on! Another thing I always find interesting about getting your make up done is that they never curl your eye lashes. I ALWAYS curl my eye lashes so they felt a little flat to me without the added "oomph" curling them gives :) But overall thought the look was really pretty and matched my outfit really well.
OOTD  above. We had a great time at the races, checking out everyones frocks, having some bubbly and seeing the horses race. I didn't win any $ (haha I never win anything) but was a fabulous day!

Then after the races I had to rush home to get changed (and of course change my FOTD) to head off to the ACDC concert.
It's not really my kind of scene/music etc but I got offered free tickets (corporate box ones) through work so thought;  hey why not,  it's a great opportunity to see a band like that! I changed my look by adding grey & black shimmery eyeshadows from my Bobbi Brown Chrome Palette (love it!) and lots of black MAC smolder eye liner.

Even though I didn't really know many of their songs, I thought they put on a great entertaining show & had a really fun time. Plus they clearly prove; age doesn't matter because these "oldies" know how to ROCK ON! :P

3 comments:

Hollywood said...

YOu makeup looked awesome you are very pretty
<3

Unknown said...

Aw thank you Chloe, I love your blog so that means a lot!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look stunning! I love your headband by the way :)