Pages

Saturday, September 22

Essie manicure: Demure Vixen & new Essie purchases

During London Fashion Week I popped by the HandPickedMedia LFW Lounge at One Aldwych to catch up with their lovely team, check out some cool brands and products on display and get a little pampered! Well they were offering Essie manicures... so how could I say no to that? I'm a big fan of Essie polishes because they are great quality and they offer a fun and large range of colours!

The hardest thing really was what colour to choose.....

After a lot of ummming and ahhhhing and with the help of the beautician, I decided on this pretty lady!
Demure Vixen is a iridescent cocoa mauve shade.
I really like this nail polish because it is modern whilstchic and goes with pretty much everything. I like its complexity because insome light it is more of a subtle taupe/nude shade but in bright light thelittle purple sparkles shine through to make it more of a vibrant lavender shade.Great long lasting formula and all you need is 2 coats to get an opaque evenfinish. You can see more (and better) swatches of Demure Vixen here.
 
As much as I love Essie nail polishes I do find that they are a wee bit pricey in the UK. So when I was in the States I took advantage of the fact they were only $8 (about £5!) there, to stock up and get a few new additions to my nail polish collection.
L-R: Luxeffects; Shine of the Times, Mamba and Mademoiselle

I can't wait to try these lovely new shades. What are your favourite Essie nail polishes?

 

3 comments:

Constanze said...

I love the polishes from essie! ♥
Happy Weekend ☼

a-dime-a-dozen said...

I've just started buying them recently, but my favorite so far has to be Mint Candy Apple!
Especially since I got a purse in that exact same color :D

Claire said...

Ooh I think I need to add Shine of the Times to my collection, I love set in stones from the same collection :-)