Pages

Monday, January 17

Dump the Lumps with Feel Good Drinks!

For most people (girls anyway) the start of the new year is a time where we reflect on our eating habits & tell ourselves we will really try (lol) to watch our intake of alcohol, chocolates, fat and sugary stuff! Overall I'd say I am a pretty healthy eater already but oh dear I definitely pigged out over the holidays! (..well it's allowed at that time of the year right?) So the last few weeks I have been taking it easy & making sure I eat healthy again, just to balance things out!

So perfect timing when I got the opportunity to try some healthy NO sugar fruit drinks, courtesy of 'Feel Good Drinks'. I had never heard of this brand before so was keen to give them a go! Apparently a lot of drinks out there that claim to contain no sugar can sometimes have as much as 3 teaspoon fulls! (shock horror)
Feel Good Drinks drinks are packed full of good stuff and absolutely no added sugar or artificial nasties, so they’re overflowing with feelgoodness! Plus they taste delicious :)
I got sent a selection of their range to sample; I tried some drinks myself and shared the rest with friends & collegues. See our comments below:
Orange & Mango Fruit Water
"It was sweet enough to satisfy my cravings (and no longer require my Coca-Cola fix). Texture is smooth so you're unaware that you're even drinking a fruit blend. Very enjoyable tastle, and a good size bottle to quench my thirst" Roz: This was my favourite because I love Mango juice!
Sparkling Cranberry & Lime
"It’s very nice, refreshing. Doesn’t taste artificial, not too gassy & you can taste the lime. It would actually be a great alternative to an alcoholic beverage if you were out!"
Apple & Blueberry Fruit Water
"When I first opened the drink, it smelled really really sweet, which I was a bit worried about because I really don't like those sugared up juices, but the taste is really subtle. Nice apple and blueberry flavour and it counts as one of my five a day, yay! I like the packaging and that it's a glass bottle too, more easily recyclable than plastic."
Cloudy Lemon (Sparkling or Fruit Water version)
I like lemon flavoured drinks so I really enjoyed the sparkling lemon drink! My friend however felt the lemon & carbonation combo made it a little sharp and acidic. I suppose we all have different taste buds ;)
Cranberry & Orange Fruit Water
A really nice flavour, not too sweet and not too watery! Really refreshing plus a winner for people who are not big fans of cranberry juice normally because it's a great combination with the orange.

You can buy these drinks now at your local supermarket, bars, pubs, cafes, high street shops, garage forecourts and convenience stores across the UK. To check out their full range of drinks plus any more information on Feel Good Drinks, please visit their website http://www.feelgooddrinks.co.uk/

Have you got any specific health new year resolutions and will you be watching your sugar intake this year?
*the small print: this post was sponsored by Feel Good Drinks.

1 comment:

Chatterazzi said...

great post! I've been trying to get healthier too by making healthy choices. I wrote a post on how 200 calories visually look and its really helping me choose healthier things to eat then grab sugary drinks or chips. If you want to take a look... its at http://chatterpants.blogspot.com/2011/01/on-health-trip.html

it might be useful for you as well : Thanks and love your blog! :)