Pages

Saturday, January 8

People's Choice Awards 2011



The 2011 Award Season kicked of this week as the People's Choice Awards took place in Los Angeles. Signs of spring were in the air as celebs lined the red (actually it was blue..) carpet in a variety of beautiful and breezy shades (nudes, pastels, sparkly and golds were in abundance), patterns and styles. Short seemed to be the way to go this awards show! Here's a few pictures of the night with my Best & Worst picks:
Malin Akerman in a white J.Mendel dress. I know this outfit is super simple but just really like the winter white short dress combined with the red shoes and clutch. Also think her hair and MakeUp looks glowing & lovely! 
Taylor Swift in a soft, peach colored illusionary-inset J. Mendel dress (from the Spring 2011 collection). 
Really pretty! Think she needed a bit of magic tape to keep this look together but she looks polished & classy as always. Loving the red lip with this outfit. Not so much - the shoes...?
Ok I admit it, I don't really even know who this is! But apparently she's an actress called Virginia Williams. She wore a stunning beaded pale pink Oday Shakar dress. Beautiful & I think the shoes are perfect match for this outfit and love it that she put her hair up in a classy high poofy ponytail to show off the amazing back of the dress - thumbs up!
All the Kardashians Sisters rocked the red carpet together! HOT ♥
Kim is wearing a Malandrino dress, a Rina Limor necklace, Amrapali earrings & a Chanel clutch.  
Kourtney is wearing a Gert-Johan Coetzee dress & a Swarovski clutch. 
Khloe is wearing an Alexander McQueen dress.
Kendall is wearing a Bebe dress & Kylie is wearing a Wink dress. 
All girls are wearing Christian Louboutin shoes (ENVY!)
My favourites from this lot is Kourtney & Kendall.
PS: Have to say I'm not a fan of Khloe's new hair. Think she looked too pale to pull this look off. I really think she'd suit red hair but just a slightly darker more auburn shade...What do you think?
Katy Perry in a Betsey Johnson dress. Sorry, love her to pieces, but the strapless, bright thing is getting a bit old for me.  Mrs Russell Brand took the lead this year with five nominations including Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Pop Artist, Favorite Song, Favorite Music Video and Favorite Web Celeb – winning Favorite Female Artist and Favorite Web Celeb honors.
Leighton Meester in a Vionnet dress and Brian Atwood’s purple patent leather Ella pumps
Where's Blair Waldorf's sense of occasion?
Natalie Portman (newly engaged + pregnant!) wore a silk chiffon pleated dress from Jason Wu’s Pre Fall 2011 collection. I usually love her sense of style and I know she's pregnant but I feel this dress is a little too loose fitted/big on her, think she could have chosen something a bit more fitting and sexy?

Did your favourite win at the People's Choice Awards?
See the full list of winners below (including some little comments from me):

Favorite Movie: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse   ✗ Only saw this recently, a bit disappointed...
Favorite Movie Actor: Johnny Depp
Favorite Movie Actress: Kristen Stewart    ✗ She was up against Angelina, Jennifer & Julia Roberts and she won?? Totally disagree. Sorry! But then again suppose it's a 'people's choice'.....
Favorite Action Movie: Iron Man 2
Favorite Action Star: Jackie Chan
Favorite Drama Movie: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Favorite Family Movie: Toy Story 3
Favorite Comedy Movie: Grown Ups
Favorite Comedic Star: Adam Sandler
Favorite On Screen Team: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Favorite Movie Star Under 25: Zac Efron
Favorite Horror Movie: A Nightmare on Elm Street

Favorite TV Drama: House
Favorite TV Drama Actor: Hugh Laurie
Favorite TV Drama Actress: Lisa Edelstein
Favorite TV Comedy: Glee ♥ Really starting to love this show so YAY!
Favortie TV Comedy Actor: Neil Patrick Harris
Favorite TV Comedy Actress: Jane Lynch
Favorite Competition Show: American Idol
Favorite TV Crime Drama: Lie to Me
Favorite TV Crime Fighter: Tim Roth
Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show: Fringe
Favorite Talk Show Host: Conan O’Brien
Favorite TV Obsession: Dexter
Favorite TV Guilty Pleasure: Keeping Up with the Kardashians ♥ FULLY agree, definitely my Guilty Pleasure ;)
Favorite TV Guest Star: Demi Lovato (Grey’s Anatomy)
Favorite TV Doctor: Gregory House (Hugh Laurie)
Favorite TV Family: The Simpsons (The Simpsons)
Favorite Family TV Movie: Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam
Favorite TV Chef: Rachael Ray
Favorite New TV Drama: Hawaii Five-O
Favorite New TV Comedy: $#*! My Dad Says

Favorite Male Artist: Eminem
Favorite Female Artist: Katy Perry
Favorite Song: “Love The Way You Lie” (Eminem featuring Rihanna) ♥ Great song!
Favorite Rock Band: Paramore
Favorite Breakout Artist: Selena Gomez & the Scene
Favorite Pop Artist: Rihanna ♥ Love Rihanna!!
Favorite Country Artist: Taylor Swift
Favorite R&B Artist: Usher
Favorite Hip-Hop Artist: Eminem
Favorite Music Video: “Love The Way You Lie” (Eminem featuring Rihanna)
Favorite Online Sensation: Katy Perry

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I agree with this entire post!!

Mimi said...

i agree with what you said about natalie portman's dress! and i am not such a big fan of khloe's new hair color. i don't know, but i liked her old hair color more.

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

ferociousfaerie said...

I like Khloes red hair. I think it looks better than the dark hair. How could one be too pale to pull off red hair. Dont you need to be pale to have red hair?

Rosalyn said...

I agree with so much of this. I wonder if Khloe's pregnant, I think she looks a little fuller in the face than she has done in a while and the dress is so lose around the middle. Of course it could just be the angle of whatever, don't get me wrong I'm not saying she's big or anything!

LuLu said...

I really love Taylor Swift's outfit!!! So cute : Then again... I always love her style. Romantic and classy, yet sexy. And so disappointed in Leighton Meester :( What happened?!

Unknown said...

@ ferociousfaerie: I know that a lot of natural redheads are quite pale but just with what she was wearing and the kind of colour red she's gone for just think she looked really washed out. It's just a funny colour I think...I little warmer and darker would suit her complexion better, but that's just my thoughts....
@ primp and preem; she definitely looks a little bigger than she did a while ago. she wants a baby so fingers crossed for her ;)
@ lulu, leighton meester I know like wtf! It's a cute dress but maybe to wear to the park or BBQ??!
xoxo Roz

Gawgus things... said...

The nude colours in your 'best' part are gorgeous. Didn't realise there were so many Kardashian's!!