So on Saturday night we biked into the city to see 'Les Intouchables' in a pretty packed movie theatre despite it being its 14th week of screening there. I had pretty high expectations for this film after hearing all their raving stories, but let me tell you, the movie succeeded them easily. I absolutely LOVED this film ♥
Les Intouchables (The Intouchables) is a french spoken movie directed by Olivier Nakacheand Éric Toledano. The movie broke box office records in France and across Europe; in just nine weeks after its release in France on 2 November 2011 it became the second most successful French film of all time. The movie is based on a true story and is about the unlikely friendship between Phillipe; a quadriplegic handicap millionaire, and Driss; his street smart ex-con caretaker.
Here is a link to the trailer (with english subtitles) on YouTube - click here to view
This is how a movie should be; no special effects, no 3D - just a solid story with extraordinary actors giving memorable performances. It is a genuine feel-good comedy about friendship, trust and human possibility! The film had me laughing out loud SO much and the beautiful music sweeps you up and takes you on this wonderful journey with the characters (a bit like it does in another amazing french movie; Amelie!)
This is definitely one of my new favourite movies ever and I can't wait to buy this on DVD because it is one of those movies I think I could watch over and over again and still enjoy!! If you get a chance to see this movie I definitely recommend it. And do let me know what you think when you've seen it :)
The story of this movie is very inspiring and it reminded me that there is just so much beauty in life!
This is definitely one of my new favourite movies ever and I can't wait to buy this on DVD because it is one of those movies I think I could watch over and over again and still enjoy!! If you get a chance to see this movie I definitely recommend it. And do let me know what you think when you've seen it :)
The story of this movie is very inspiring and it reminded me that there is just so much beauty in life!
Happy Hump Day everyone! xoxo











3 comments:
I've seen this movie a while ago here in Germany and I think it is definitely one of my all-time favorites. It's such a touching story but so funny at the same time!
I loved every single second of it :)
btw, I loooove your Blog! :)
me and my best friend saw this last Friday at Bytown cinema (a movie theatre for foreign/indie movies I frequent here in Ottawa, Canada). We both absolutely loved it! Such a heartwarming and amazing story...I'm gonna go see it again with my husband
I love the silk shirt of the lady in the movie (the movie is indeed great!), I forgot her name... She is on picture 8, wearing the blouse. Any ideas which brand it is?
Post a Comment