Pages

Thursday, October 4

London places I Love: Burger & Lobster

Burger and Lobster is a restaurant that proves that you don't need a fancy or extensive menu to become one of London most popular places! Since opening in Mayfair in December 2011, Burger & Lobster has been a massive success. 

Their formula is simple; no menus, no starters and limited desserts. The main event is....you guessed it; burger or lobster. Actually the official choice is burger, lobster or the lobster roll. Whatever you order comes with a good serving of delicious salty fries plus a small side salad and the best part.....each option is priced at only £20 each. 
The interior in Mayfair is dark, cosy and laid back, offering booths, crowded tables and bar stools giving it a funky, modern pub/chalet/diner feel. Because they only have three items on offer there is no food menu but they do have an extensive wine, beer and cocktail menu! And did I mention that when you order the lobster you get a bib? Yes a bib = LOVE!
Proudly showing off our Burger & Lobster bibs!

Don't get me wrong, I love a good burger but at £20 for a whole lobster...this is not a hard decision! 
The lobster comes steamed or grilled (both delicious) served with a rather indulgent garlic butter sauce.
There has been plenty of debate over why anyone would pay £20 for a burger when a whole lobster in on offer at the same price but apparently the ratio of orders at lunchtime is currently about 50/50, although the lobster seems to win out in the evenings. But I have to admit that their american-style burgers are pretty damn good!
Burger & Lobster is owned by the Goodman chain so this means the burger is made from high-end meat and it can be served with cheese and bacon at no extra cost.
To finish off the meal they have two desserts options, which I think change occasionally, and we got both options to share; vanilla cheesecake and a baileys mousse with salted caramel which were equally scrumptious!

So...delicious food, great drinks, fun atmosphere and all for an affordable price; what more can you ask for? Well the only downside is their no-reservations policy; two-hour+ waits for tables is not uncommon! But I am happy to announce that, due to the success of their Mayfair restaurant, this summer they opened up another branch in Soho plus a third location is due to open up in Farringdon later this month that both DO take bookings - HOORAY!!
If you are looking a fun night out with good, affordable food I think you can't go past Burger & Lobster! It's definitely a winner in my books. What would you order; Burger or Lobster? 

Burger and Lobster
SOHO - 36 Dean Street,W1D 4PS, London
MAYFAIR - 29 Clarges Street, W1J 7EF, London
Twitter: @Londonlobster

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks really yummy!

=)


Brooke

CurrentLovesByNes said...

Omg, now I want to eat a burger, and I've just lunched!

Bye*
Ne

currentlovesbynes.blogspot.com