In the bottle the polish looks like a grey with quite a strong pink shimmer through it but unfortunately when on your nails the shimmer hardly shows. This polish has quite a sheer formula meaning that it takes minimum 3-4 coats to get opaque cover. This is after 3 coats...
I found this nail polish a little underwhelming because I just was hoping for a grey with bit more oomph because of the pink shimmer but it turned out to be more a sheer shimmery silver.
So I thought what can I do to make my nails a bit more exciting? I know, add a Essie LuxEffects topcoat! Shine of the Times is a gorgeous multichromatic flaky glitter topcoat which shifts to every color except purple, but the most dominant colors are red/orange and green. There's a heavy amount of flake in here and it provides very good coverage with only one coat.
Tadaaa much better. What do you think?
It's even more gorgeous in real life but the shine was hard to capture on camera.
It's even more gorgeous in real life but the shine was hard to capture on camera.
I think Shine of the Times is a must-have top coat. It looks fabulously pretty on top light polishes or fun and edgy over darker shades. Have you tried any of these two polishes or can you recommend a great Shine of the Times combo? Xoxo



4 comments:
that looks like a lovely colour :) xx
Wow, the Essie is beautiful! <3
Love this combo for nails :)
It's so pretty!
Bye*
Ne
Hmmm I'm not sure I see the lavender in it, I hate when polish looks dull inside though!
Post a Comment