Pages

Saturday, November 24

Sunrise run at my Zen place!

I'm back home in the Netherlands at the moment for a long weekend for a family occasion. One thing I always try to do when at my parents place is to go for a walk or run at the beach. My parents live in The Hague, just behind the dunes by the sea so it's only a 5 minute walk from home to one of my favourite places in the world. In general I'm definitely a person that loves being near water but the beach by my parents house is truly my personal 'zen' place! I don't know what it is but going for a walk there along the coast, feeling the wind against my skin, hearing the sound of the waves rolling in..it always puts my mind at ease and I feel in total peace. I always have the best and most honest conversations there with people and it's the one place where my mind can just roam free and I always feel better and happier once I've been there! So after arriving home on Wednesday night the first thing on my agenda for Thursday was a sunrise run on the beach..and I was lucky because it was a stunner of a day! It was a bit chilly but so worth it, just look at this..

I am currently trying to increase my running training because I actually signed up to do my first 1/2 marathon in March, eeek! Recently my knees started playing up a little so I decided to invest in some new running shoes. They say you should get new ones every year but I admit I'd had mine for almost 2,5 years. Whoops!

I got these new Asics sneakers (link) and I have really noticed a difference so bring on those 21km I say ;)


A no make up, just out of bed shot of me during my run. I always need music when I am running to keep me going and energised!

Such a beautiful sunrise! I took this photo with my iPhone; no filter!

This is the sun shining through the trees in the dunes on my way back after my refreshing and super peaceful run. I felt tired, but satisfied and happy! I mean how can an amazing place like this not bring a smile to my face :)

Do you have a location that is your 'zen' or happy place? Xoxo

 

7 comments:

YanaNYC said...

Hi! I loved your post both beautiful and inspirational.
I live in New York and run when it's warm, but winter is another story. What do you wear for your winter runs? How many layers?

Cagney & Lace said...

Wow your zen place looks absolutely beautiful. The best of luck with your running.

www.cagneyandlace.com

Phibster said...

That last shot is beautiful.

www.northoflondonblog.com

Angela said...

I'd swap the UK for there any day!

Brooke said...

I would love to visit The Netherlands! How exciting!

I love going to Hawaii! It is very beautiful and warm on the Islands!


=)


Brooke

LuLu said...

Love this post! My zen place is just half a marathon north of your zen place ;) Lucky me though - I have found my new zen place her in my new hometown at Carlsbad South beach. Love ya hun!

JennyScribbles said...

that run looks gorgeous! fabulous place

xx
Jenny
www.jennyscribbles.com