Pages

Monday, December 17

Zara shopping spree purchases!

Zara is dangerous teritory for me at the moment. I can't seem to go into their stores without wanting to buy absolutely everything in there! Loving their recent collections. Saturday was another classic example of this problem. I was out trying to do some Christmas shopping and I thought I'd just take a quick peek in Zara. Big, big, BIG mistake! I ended up buying quite a few things and have realised that on top of my already out of control stripe addiction I am currently having similar symptoms for anything burgundy or checked.

Sigh...want to see the damage?

TRF Draped bird print dress with gathered waist - £29.99 (link)

TRF Dress with combination shoulders - £29.99 (link)

TRF Combined leather look front dress - £29.99 (link)

Zara Woman green and black checked shirt - £29.99 (link)
I personally would not wear this all buttoned up btw so not a fan of this Zara promo picture.

Zara Basic burgundy knitted scarf - £9.99 (link). Perfect for winter!
This is me wearing my new scarf and green checked shirt on Sunday.

And then there was this black and burgundy striped dress...
Zara Woman Burgandy and black striped dress - £49.99 (link)
I'd spotted it on their web store and seen it in the shop a few times and I just loved everything about it. So I finally tried it on this time and I wasn't 100% convinced on the fit but I still got it haha...

...BUT then after my shopping spree at Zara I walked past French Connection and they managed to lure me into the store with their 50% sale signs all plastered over the windows! In the sales rack I then spotted yet another burgundy and black striped dress, oh oh!


French Connection bands of colour bandage knit dress - £97 but at the moment 50% off so only £48.50! (link) So I tried it on and loved it, dilemma much?! I knew it would actually be a bit mental to keep both dresses so I decided to also buy the French Connection dress and then decide later which one to keep. At home I tried both on again and together with the flatmate we decided that the French Connection was the keeper! I think the fit was just more flattering and think I will get more use out of it because it is a bit longer which means I can wear it to work and easily dress it up or dress it down! Do you think I made the right choice? :)

And last but not least, I couldn't help myself when I saw this cute cotton blue/white cap sleeved block dress at French Connection. It's more of a summers dress but while on sale for only £21 and it being a classic 'me' dress, that I know i'll get plenty of wear out of....it was just a bargain couldn't pass on!

Soooo yeah, I didn't get much Christmas shopping done but love my new clothes haha! 
What do you think of my new purchases?

5 comments:

Cagney & Lace said...

Wow looks like you had a great spree! I'm loving Zara a lately, everything is so spot on and well priced. I particularly love the bird print dress & tartan shirt you picked up.

Hannah from www.cagneyandlace.com

Angela said...

I love Zara, I must shop there more often x

Dana said...

Very cute stuff - all of it! The scarf actually looks cuter on you than it does in the mannequin pic ;) One question though - is the French Connection dress burgundy and black or burgundy and navy? On my computer the stripes look navy.

Unknown said...

@D - its not navy but also not a harsh black like the Zara dress but more black than navy I feel :)
I think ill wear it for Christmas! x

JennyScribbles said...

Zara, Forever21, H&M... the list goes on are all dangerous! I love the leather dress!

xx
jen
www.jennyscribbles.com