Pages

Friday, December 28

Christmas Party - 1920s Inspired Makeup

December is always a month full of parties and events which is great because it often gives you an excuse to dress up or sparkle in your best outfits! A few weeks ago we had my office Christmas party and this year it was 1920’s themed. It wasn’t meant to be a very strict theme but it encouraged everyone to make an effort to look old school glamorous! Most people straight away started planning ‘what to wear’ but as a typical beauty blogger my main focus was on how I wanted my makeup to look for this party. After googling for 1920’s beauty inspiration I came across this image (link) of Charlize Theron which I absolutely loved so I decided to go for a very dark berry lip with a nude/rustic look for my eyes.

This is my finished look of the night:


Products used: 
MAC studio finish concealer NC20 
Clinique stay matte foundation – Shade 9, Neutral (link) 
MAC bronzer in Golden 
The Body Shop – cheek colour in Sweet Nutmeg, an oldie but a goodie! (link) 
MAC Mineralize blush in Warm Soul (as seen here) applied as highlight on cheekbones 
MAC Pigment in Vanilla applied to tear duct & brow bone 
Urban Decay NAKED palette – eye shadow Virgin (all over lid)
Urban Decay NAKED palette – eye shadow Naked (blended into crease area) 
MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow (Duo) - Play on Plums (as seen here)
Applied the plum/burgundy shade along my lower lash line. I really love this limited edition eyeshadow duo and am gutted it is running on empty; can anyone recommend a good dupe for the plum/burgundy shade? 
L’Oreal Super Liner in Black – my current favourite liquid liner pen! (link)
NARS NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara (as seen here)

On my lips I'm wearing Berry Vamp by LookBeauty from their Loud Lips range. The packaging of this lipstick is a bit cheap but the colour is really stunning and the fomula is smooth, highly pigmented and long lasting. Not bad for only £7 (link) I have changed from being more of a sheer lip gloss girl to quite loving a darker lip – what do you think of this lip shade?

Jewellery wise I kept it simple and wore these vintage clip-on earrings that used to belong to my grandmother! My hair was done by the lovely Jess from Powder Puff & Pin Curls, who specializes in vintage hair-do's! She came to our office and did the hair of about ten ladies to get us all looking in style for the 1920's party. I will post some more photos of the party in another post :)
Dress wise; I couldn't seem to make up my mind and with December being so busy, I just hadn't had time to find the perfect outfit! Until last minute that was,  because the night before the party I saw this dress in Zara and it was love at first sight! I didn't own a long black evening dress yet so I felt it was a much needed addition to my wardrobe ;) The dress is part of the new collection by ZARA as seen here in their Woman Lookbook Twelve. I adore this recent collection by Zara, it is so classic and elegant.
 ZARA Combined Lace Dress - £69.99 (link)

The dress falls beautifully and the fabric is very soft and pretty. I love how the added touch of the lace in the back makes it that little bit sexier whilst remaining classy. For me, it was the perfect Christmas party dress and I really liked my slightly different to usual look! What do you think of my 1920s inspired look?

8 comments:

Savannah said...

You look absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about this ensemble. You really look like you traveled back in time to the roaring 20s!
xxx

Constanze said...

Beautiful make-up, you look fantastic!! ♥
xx

Megan said...

you look gorgeous!

Potatoes and Pilates said...

Wow Roz - everything about this look is stunning! Love the make-up, hair AND dress.

I think you nailed the 1920's look!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! The dress was a very lucky last minute find! :)

Unknown said...

WOW- your makeup & hair is literally perfect!

the dress is definitely a great find!

http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

Polly AB said...

Just stumbled upon your blog, this look is absolutely gorgeous on you :) x

Unknown said...

Love your lip colour and the dress looks gorgeous !!
http://www.fashionandglory.blog.co.uk