Pages

Wednesday, May 16

The Hunger Games

When the Hunger Games movie came out in the UK I was one of many (girls) very keen to see it. Not to the die-hard extend of lining up for hours to get a ticket or anything because I hadn’t read the books but had seen the previews and reviews which all looked great. So as soon as it was out at the end of March me and my flatmate went to our local favourite cinema, the Electric in Notting Hill, to soak up some adventure, romance and si-fi action! We both really enjoyed the film and our next plan of action was to buy the books and read them all straight away!!

It is now about a month later and I have just finished reading ‘the Mockingjay’ which is the last book of the trilogy by Suzanne Collins. From the moment I picked up the first book I have been completely hooked and would spend any free moment of my days reading to find out what would happen to Katniss!!

Without giving too much away, the book is written in the voice of 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where the countries of North America once existed. The Capitol, a highly advanced metropolis, holds domination over the rest of the nation. The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged 12 to 18 from each of the 12 districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle until only one person is left.

The Hunger Games is the first novel in The Hunger Games series, followed by Catching Fire (my favourite) and Mockingjay. It is rated young-adult but I don’t think it’s that teenyboppy and think most people will enjoy these books! So if you want gripping, easy to read books to lose yourself in for the next few weeks then I definitely recommend picking up the Hunger Games series!

“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favour!”

Here are the three main movie stars from the Hunger Games movie at the LA premiere.
Josh Hutcherson (Peeta), Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) and Liam Hemsworth (Gale)
I think Jennifer is absolutely stunning and well-cast as Katniss!
How stunning is her bronzed/golden make-up here?

So have you read the Hunger Games series or are you planning too? 
I was super obsessed with the books so this makes me very curious to see if I will still like the next two movies now that I have read the books. It’s always such a shame when you love a book so much and then movie doesn’t quite match up! But in saying that….
Happy Hump Day xoxo

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love you blog and I love this blog post. I too love the Hunger Games and I have read every book. The movie was good but like you said does not compare with the book. The books are just so good!

Mimi said...

i love love love the hunger games! i read all three books last summer, and i kinda want to read them again, haha! maybe i'll turn it into a summer ritual. ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
$100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway -- Open internationally!