Pages

Saturday, May 19

A relaxing weekend in the countryside: Bibury %

During the UK May Bank weekend I decided to escape the city for two nights to the countryside. Me and three friends booked a wee cottage in the charming town of Bibury for a bit of R&R! Bibury is a picturesque village in the Cotswolds, which is only about 1,5 hours out of London.
 This was our little home for the long weekend, how cute right!

Exploring Bibury...
I think it looks a bit like 'the Shire' from Lord of the Rings haha!

We even were able to enjoy breakfast in the little garden one morning!! 

Our cottage was right behind the luxury Bibury Court Hotel...
This hotel is truly amazing!! It would be the perfect place for a romantic weekend escape ♥ 
They serve a yummy high tea by the fireplace in the 'Study' room which we unfortunately didn't get a chance to enjoy but I am sure I will be back here some day! Add Bibury Court Hotel to the to-do list; check ;)

We just had the best weekend including...road trips in a convertible...Perfecting my swing at the golf course....Delicious Sunday Roast at the Village Pub in Barnsley...
Walks in the pretty country side..
Plus nights by the fireplace reading books and playing Risk and Pictionery! 
I came back to London after this weekend feeling all re-charged and refreshed :)
Conclusion? The Cotswolds are good for the mind, body and soul. 
There seem to be many more amazing things to do in the Cotswolds so I will come here for sure :) 

Have you ever been to the Cotswolds and if so is there thing you'd recommend in this area? xoxo

4 comments:

Anastasia Soldatos said...

It looks so pretty! I definitely need a long weekend away soon :) xx

http://theartofturningpages.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

I want to have a convertible to do a road trip in! Looks like a lovely weekend!

LaceyLoves

Kotryna said...

Looks like you had an amazing weekend :)

Anonymous said...

It looks just beautiful. Very jealous, glad you had a lovely time.