Pages

Wednesday, July 18

When I’m grey...

Everyone is desperate to be in love. It seems to be the primary mission of almost every person I’ve ever met. However, I have recently begun to suspect that love is wasted on the young. I thought I was in love at 17 and in a haze of hormonal angst, I married him. Turns out I wasn’t really in love at all. I am certainly not in love at the moment but I am the happiest I have ever been. One day, I may meet someone who I fall head over heels in love with but by that time I want to be completely sure of who I am.

Some people are scared of meeting too late and not having enough time together but my Great Auntie Nancy met someone when she was around 80, they had a wonderful time, travelled, socialised and giggled like children in each-others company. They had six blissful years together before he died and rather than be a heartbroken widow, she is glowing with happiness because even though he has gone she is still in love.

Some people who fall in love very young can fall out of love later and then their old age is all the more sad and lonely for them. I hope I’m in love when I’m old and grey... Mrs Grey would be nice!


Happy Hump Day ♥

Today's Happy Hump Day post was written by my dear friend (and super talented writer) Erin from The Girl from Clapham. On her blog she writes daily short stories that are funny, touching or just a great read!
Make sure you check it out; often her posts bring a smile to my face! www.thegirlfromclapham.com

3 comments:

Liz said...

What an awesome thought. So many people are caught up in their partner's 'history'. It's nice to know that what happens after you meet them is what matters! xoxo

kim said...

That's such a good way of putting it. Makes so much sense, thanks for the new perspective!

Stephanie Farrell said...

it's so true, while i've been in a long term relationship for quite a while it seems all my single friends are in a race to see who will be next,i don't see what the hurry is for!