Pages

Saturday, October 6

For the autumn wardrobe: Burgundy & Tartan

When I am in Scandinavia I always try to at least make a quick shopping stop at Gina Tricot! Gina Tricot is a very popular Swedish fashion highstreet chain that is now rapidly expanding into the rest of Europe. It is one of those low-cost shops where you can find some fab fashionable items for a really affordable price. Their clothing and accessories tend to be very simple, on-trend and have that Scandinavian ‘cool’ factor! So when I was in Sweden the other weekend I made a quick pit-stop at Gina Tricot and ended up buying these great two pieces for my autumn/winter wardrobe.

 Elly coated zip jeans in port royal shade - 599 SEK/€59.84 (link)
Simone woven skirt (blue/green) - 199 SEK/€19.95 (link)
 
I’ve been lusting after a pair of burgundy waxed/leather-like finished jeans for a while now and really liked these ones because of the zippers on the front and legs. Also as soon as I spotted the tartan skirt I knew it had to be mine for my winter wardrobe! I can’t wait to wear it with cable knit jumpers, black tights and boots. Both tartan and burgundy are hot trends for A/W 2012. You can read more about how to wear the biggest autumn trends here. 

Both these new purchases can easily be dressed up or down. Think burgundy jeans with heels and a blazer or matched comfy jumpers and converse sneakers. Here a quick collage on how I'd style these items..

Burgundy & Tartan Looks
(Click on image above to view this collage in Polyvore with all item links)

Like my new purchases? Will you add some burgundy or tartan to your autumn wardrobe this season?

1 comment:

CurrentLovesByNes said...

Love this blog post!
Byeee*
Ne