Pages

Saturday, January 5

Keeping warm with my Etre iPhone gloves!

One little fact you probably don't know about me is that I can't handle the cold very well. Now, I know that no one really enjoys being cold but for me cold weather can actually be quite painful. Ever since I was young I have suffered from Raynaud's disease. Now that sounds all very serious but it just means that I have a condition that causes some areas of my body (mainly my hands and feet) to feel numb and in pain in response to cold temperatures or emotional stress, caused by a problem with the blood supply to the skin. The condition occurs because your blood vessels go into a temporary spasm which blocks the flow of blood. This causes the affected area to change colour to white, then blue and then finally red as the blood flow returns. Raynaud's is not a serious threat to my health but it can be quite annoying to live with.

Anyway this means I am always trying to keep my hands as warm as possible because even the slightest moment of coldness can tricker an attack. I have a large supply of toasty warm gloves for the autumn and winter time but because we all have smart-phones these days, I was finding that my fingers would still trigger attacks when I removed my gloves to call or txt (or just to look at google maps to find my way around London haha).  So I decided to hunt around for the perfect pair of iPhone gloves. In my search I came across a few brands but the one that stood out to me most was Etre Touchy! This is a British company that started a sensation back in 2007 with their Etre Touchy Gloves, which have missing thumb and index fingertips to provide you with the freedom to use your smartphone, iPod, iPad, camera or other electronic devices.

I love the look of these striped (surprise, surprise haha...) Etre Touchy gloves for example!

But unfortunately for me the missing finger tips solution is a no-go! I need all my fingers covered at all time to ensure they stay warm. Luckily the clever people at Etre also design the Etre fivepoint wool gloves! They have special contactwoven fingertips, that do what other gloves don't: they let you use touchscreens without having to take them off! Woop woop :)



They come in various colours but I got the classic black ones with charchoal tips - £40 (link)

Before buying these, as they are a bit pricer than other versions you can find online or in technical stores, I did do my research and found these were truly the warmest ones on the market. Other gloves are often made with synthetic fibers which means they work perfectly with your smartphone but don't do such a good job at keeping your hands warm. The Etre Fivepoint gloves however are high quality and made with 95% virgin lamb wool. I absolutely love these gloves and can't live without them anymore! So don't let the cold get between you and your facebook or twitter updates this winter ;)

Etre Touchy or Fivepoint gloves are available from their very own online store, Etre Shop, and other selected stockists worldwide. How do you keep your hands nice and toasty during the cold winter months? 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

they definitely look nice and cosy!

http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

Emma Heapy said...

These are brilliant. A very clever invention!
Glossy-boutique.com

Rose said...

I wish I had known about these before the winter was over lol

Are the gloves approved for cleaning in the washer? I always end up with dirty gloves and have to change and wash them quite often, would be a real pain to wash them by hand or not wash them at all

Unknown said...

@ Rose - Winter is definitely not over here yet so am very glad I've got these to keep me warm. I think it is probably best to hand wash them.....

Anonymous said...

You can buy these in Primark for £1.50. They do the same job and also look identical!