Pages

Tuesday, May 4

The September Issue


"Fashion's not about looking back, it's about looking forward"
Anna Wintour, Editor in Chief Vogue.

If you enjoy reading Vogue magazine and haven't seen the movie
The September Issue yet, you are seriously missing out! 
I recently watched this on DVD and absolutely loved it!
"Taking us behind her trademark bob and huge sunglasses THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE is an amusing, touching and often surprising look at the inner workings and untouchable glamour of the fashion industry. Following in their footsteps as they prepare the biggest ever issue  of the magazine (840 pages and almost 5 pounds) at fashion shoots in Paris, London and Milan."
I'd definitely say this documentary/movie is a must see if you enjoy fashion & photography. I especially loved watching Grace Coddington (a formal model that became creative director after a car accident). She is just so talented. Trust me check this film out, I can almost guarantee you'll like it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Grace! This was a great movie, especially showing all of Anna's edits. She and Grace are like the perfectly balanced team.

Irene Blushing Loves said...

Thanks for sharring!I'm going to see it!!!

LuLu said...

I've watched this a while ago when it came out and was really excited to watch it! two of my favorite parts of the movie were indeed Grace Coddington (she's so not-fashion in a way and then again she totally is!), but also Anna's daughter who is the complete opposite of what you would imagine Anna's daughter to be. Such a cool chick: "sometimes I don't get why everybody takes her so seriously, I wanna go to law school". LOL :D

Mimi said...

hi! this looks like such an interesting movie! :D

p.s. i am a new follower. follow my blog too? thanks! :)
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I really want to watch this movie now! Will be on the look out for it! Besos, guapa!