Pages

Monday, May 3

I am now officially a 'Kiwi' :)

Today I was a lucky girl & scored myself a free makeup session at MECCA Cosmetics. It was something that had been organised through my firm for the ladies to book & get a 45min free make over and learn about the products MECCA cosmetics offers. They told you to bring in your standard make up kit and they would show how to use your own products and teach you tips and tricks. The thought of bringing in my makeup kit made me giggle, there was no way I was carrying my whole collection over there....they'd probably have a heart attack! So I decided not to bring any products and just get them to do my make up and talk through some of their products.

It was a good day to get my makeup done because tonight was a special night for me. I attended my NZ Citizenship Ceremony. I had to swear my allegiance to the Queen & sing the national anthem (with a group, not on my own, phew!). So as off tonight I am officially a kiwi national!

I asked for a soft smokey look and said she could choose a colour that would suit me. I like what she did :)  Here are photos of the FOTD the makeup artist created and a list of the products used:
♥ Face:
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
byTerry Lumière Veloutée Foundation
ByTerry Voile Poudre Éclat (correcting mattifying loose powder)
Stila perfecting concealer
Orgasm Illuminator
NARS Laguna (all over face)
NARS Deep Throat (blush)
NARS Nico (blush/highlighter)

♥  Eyes:
NARS Taïga Duo Eyeshadow (see below)
Stila Smudge Pot eyeliner - black
NARS Larger than life mascara
NARS Taïga Duo Eyeshadow: A surprising contrast of bright, yet intense hues in the sheerest of textures.
She used the lighter shade all over the lid and the darker colour in the crease.

♥ Lips:
NARS Rosebud Lipliner
NARS Sweet Revenge Lip gloss
Me proudly receiving my NZ Citizenship Certificate with the Mayor of Wellington! I had dinner with some of my dear friends afterwards to celebrate my new 'kiwi' status. They got me this gorgeous pair of NZ greenstone earrings!  My friends are the best! :)

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow Congratulations!! That is so exciting!!! How long have you been in NZ for!? Gorgeous photos too :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah
I have been in NZ for about 7 years now, it's been a LONGGGGG process getting citizenship :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

congrats on becoming a kiwi :D

She did a lovely MU on you ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting. Your eyes look great too, love that Nars duo she used!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, what an exciting occassion! Your makeup is lovely, especially the lip colour ♥

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone :)
Stephanie; I know I really liked the lip colour too.
Rosebud lipliner+sweet revenge lipgloss= awesome combo :)

LuLu said...

That eye-shadow duo reminds me of the sage I told you about!

Michélle said...

Wow, congratulations!!! :) You're a Kiwi! ♥
You looked amazing in that outfit and I love the makeup!
xo

MsHark said...

Congratulations!! Where are you from originally?

Love your hair!

Steph

Tiffany said...

You look beautiful! Your hair looks amazing as well =)

Laura Beth said...

http://img.villagephotos.com/imageview.aspx?i=26364021

Laura Beth said...

I wasn't able to post this in your comments but click the abive link to get your award :)

makeuponmind.blogspot

xox Laura Beth

Laura Beth said...

Send to 5 of your favorite beauty bloggers too :)

Marie said...

Congratulations and the makeup looks good on you!:D

Just came across your blog today and just followed you.:D I hope you can give my blog a visit and maybe follow too?:D

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
...and everything girly under the sun!

Unknown said...

Steph: I am originally from the Netherlands

Lulu: I know it does look a bit like that sage shade you were talking about. we will experiment with some colours when I get to NL and find something amazing for you :)

Laura; Thank you so much for the sexiest blog award :) xoxo

Agatha said...

Congratulations on becoming a 'kiwi'!
The make-up looks very sophisticated - just perfect for such an occasion.

Becka said...

Aww congrats on becoming a Kiwi :)
The look the MUA created looks really nice on you!
Also loving the earrings your friends bought you! xx