I recently bought the E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder. I had read a lot about this product and many people call it a possible dupe to the Nars Orgasm/Laguna compact. I already own NARS Orgasm blush (love it) & NARS Laguna bronzer has been on my wish list for a while. Therefore felt this ELF compact would be worth trying out, especially because it was a bargain at only NZ$16.90 (or online for only US$3)!
What does the E.L.F.’s website say?
"Create a healthy and natural glow all year long. The Blush highlights the cheeks to add a flush of color, while the Bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for beautiful definition."
"Create a healthy and natural glow all year long. The Blush highlights the cheeks to add a flush of color, while the Bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for beautiful definition."
(Bronzer quite heavily swatched to show colour)
There's a good amount of each product in this compact. The powder is finely milled but not very well pressed which makes them a bit on the powdery side. So use a light swipe with your brushes. Both shades are very pigmented and a little goes a long way. The bronzer is great for contouring but like I said use a light hand because otherwise the colour may appear a bit muddy & you'll end up looking like a bit of a drag queen :p The blush gives you a nice peachy pink glow with light flecks of gold shimmer. Very wearable.
FOTD wearing the bronzer & blush
Eyes: Sleek Storm Palette - gold & brown eye shadows
Lips: MAC Creme D'Nude l/s & NYX Whipped lipgloss
Overall think this compact is pretty good value for money! Nice blush & the bronzer is a little bit dark but OK for contouring if lightly applied. NARS laguna is still on the wish list though..haha

8 comments:
Looks so good on you!
I think I have to get this ;)
Oooh! I have this and use it too, but I think I need to start using the angled brush for better definition! 8)
<33 Rena
Thanks for doing this review. I've been tempted to try this, but haven't yet. Now, I just might! I have NARS Orgasm and I <3 it!
That's Gorgeous I have always wanted to try this but always forget. Love it , need it =)
it looks really nice on you! would never know its not from nars!
You always look good!
Could you please do a tutorial on how you do your hair? It's sooooo pretty!
Thanks!
Somebody got tagged ;)
www.thestalling.blogspot.com
Very pretty look! I am yet to try ELF but can't wait too.
Your hair looks lush too! I can never manage to do it in my hair :(
Post a Comment