Pages

Saturday, June 19

Who says DIY is not for girls? :p

Hi my lovelies,
So the other day I accidentally (duh) dropped my MAC Springsheen blush compact on the floor..and **SMASH** all the powder was broken and spread across the wooden floor :( There wasn't that much left in the compact but I still didn't want to just throw it away. So I picked up the broken pieces and decided to DYI fix it! This is how I did it:
The main subject - the broken blush :(
1) Move the broken product into a paper towel & with a spoon (or other object) gently crush it down to a powdery consistency. 
2) Place the powder into a little bowl and add some drops of rubbing alcohol (not the kind of alcohol you can drink girls!) haha
3) Mix the powder & alcohol until it becomes like a paste.
4) Spoon the paste back into the compact & smooth out with cling-film.
Remove the cling film and leave the compact open to dry. This could take anywhere from 1 to 4 hours. For best results, let the make up to dry overnight to allow the alcohol to evaporate and for the powder to become stiff and ready to use!
Tada, my DIY fixed blush. Such a proud moment!
Who say's DYI is not for girls right? ;)

8 comments:

Renay said...

wow I saw the picture before seeing you fixed it and it nearly broke my heart....

Awesome that you fixed it , great post !!

Anonymous said...

that is a great idea!! I am going to try it!! :)

Unknown said...

Never tried that with cling-film, but
I will try out!

RamblingRose26 said...

I get so mad at myself when I drop my makeup stuff! I already had to fix a blush and a face powder.

sncport said...

Wow that is a great idea. I would've never thought of it myself, thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Very cool trick! Will this work with eyeshadow and MSF´s? I have a few broken... :( Always makes me sad to break a shadow piece of make up! xoxo

Unknown said...

@ Liz: Hi this most certainly works for eyeshadows and bronzers etc too! Haven't ever tried it with MSF's (mineral based) but I think it should work! :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

omg, thanks for the trick ! I'll try it with my NYX Bronzer :D