Pages

Tuesday, January 18

Golden Globes 2011 - Best & Worst

Last night the 2011 Golden Globe Awards were held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California. As you all know I love seeing celebs on the red carpet, looking all glammed up and fabulous! Here are my best and worst picks of the event!
Best
Anne Hathaway in an amber tone Giorgio Armani Privé evening gown. This dress featured in the finale of the Fall Winter 2010-2011 couture collection. It's fully embellished with paillettes and Swarovski crystals. The dress features dramatic shoulders, long fitted sleeves and a low open back. Think she looks STUNNING!
Emma Stone looks peachy perfect in Calvin Klein matched with Van Cleef & Arpels jewellery. This the first photo's I have seen of her blonde and I think it really suits her. I know the dress is very simple but she looks so polished and effortlessly glamorous!
Sandra Bullock can not do a lot wrong in my eyes! She's is wearing a flowy soft nude/pink dress by Jenny Packham. I love the sparkly detailing on the dress and think her make up is so gorgeous. The perfect subtle smokey eye with nude lips! However as much as I adore her new bangs think this outfit would have looked better with an up-do. ps: the rumour is that Sandra is now dating Ryan Reynolds....Hmmm I don't really believe this rumour & I think they are just close friends but she's probably one of the only girls I'd be happy for him to end up with LOL! ;)
Mila Kunis, the Black Swan actress, in a Vera Wang dress, Lorraine Schwartz jewelry, Judith Leiber clutch and Yves Saint Laurent shoes. I think the green colour of this outfit is fantastic. Like the up-do and the simple jewellery to make her dress the main 'wow' factor of her look!

♥ Other honourable mentions: January Jones, Claire Danes, Megan Fox, Amy Adams & Lea Michele.
Worst
Jennifer Love Hewitt with boyfriend Alex Beh. Jennifer wore a Romona Keveza dress with Casadei shoes. She also wore a Jennifer Behr belt, a Sang A clutch, three Le Vian rings and bracelet. Don't really like anything about this dress, think the top part is strange and it's too white and wedding like! Also when watching the red carpet show on E! she looked super duper orange! Overdose on fake tan...
Helena Bonham Carter in a Vivienne Westwood floral print gown. No real explanation needed...I know she has a quirky and indiviual style but this dress and then the MISMATCHED shoes? Ok....NO!
Michelle Williams in a gown by Valentino paired with heels by Christian Louboutin and jewelry by Fred Leighton. A lot of people may dissagree with me on this one but sorry but just don't dig this dress.....I like her cute pixie hair &bright coral lippie but the flowers on that dress and the shoulder straps? Just not quite my style or something I'd ever wear.
Angelina Jolie in a long sleeves emerald green gown encrusted with Swarovski crystals by Atelier Versace, Ferragamo shoes, and Robert Procop jewels. (Brad suited up in a Tom Ford tux) Again a lot of people may dissagree with me here. I really liked how she chose to wear colour for a change and the green made her eyes 'pop' but I didn'tlike the fabric & look of the dress when you saw it in upclose pictures, it kind of reminded me of christmassy pailette fabric. 

Other not-so-hot picks: Natalie Portman, Christina Aguilera, Julia Stiles, Jennifer Lopez & Tina Fey.

★ Did any of your favourites win a Golden Globe? See a full list of winners below:
Best Motion Picture, Drama - The Social Network
Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama - Colin Firth The King’sSpeech
Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical - The Kids Are All
Right
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama - Natalie Portman Black Swan
Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy - Paul Giamatti Barney’s Version
Best Televison Series, Comedy or Musical - Glee
Best Director - Motion Picture - David Fincher The Social Network
Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture - Melissa Leo The Fighter
Best Actor in a Television Series, Comedy or Musical - Jim Parsons Big Bang Theory
Best Actress in a Television Series, Comedy or Musical - Laura Linney The Big C
Best Foreign Language Film - In a Better World
Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television -Jane Lynch Glee
Best Screenplay - Motion Picture - The Social Network
Best Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television - Claire Danes Temple Grandin
Best Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television - Al Pacino You Don’t Know Jack
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy - Annette Bening The Kids Are All Right
Best Animated Feature Film - Toy Story 3
Best Original Score - Motion Picture - Trent Reznor, “Atticus Ross” The Social Network
Best Original Song - Motion Picture - “You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me” Burlesque
Best Television Series, Drama - Boardwalk Empire
Best Actor in a Television Series, Drama - Steve Buscemi Boardwalk Empire
Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television - Chris Colfer Glee
Best Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television -Carlos
Best Actress in a Television Series, Drama - Katey Sagal Sons of Anarchy
Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture - Christian Bale The Fighter

3 comments:

AgataP said...

my absolute fav is Sandra Bullock <3

http://laughing-in-the-purple-rain.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Milla Jovovich's make up and hair looked really lovley as well. Also - why isn't resident evil here?? or was that for last years?

I love sandra bullocks hair too!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anne Hathaway she looked breath taking!! love her xox