I recently received a new product from New CID Cosmetics in my mailbox; the 'i-open'! I was intrigued by this product because it contains a powder concealer & a nude coloured pencil in one. I'm pretty addicted to using concealer - meaning I'm always keen to try out new products to help hide my annoying pigmentation spots underneath my eyes, reduce my dark circles or brighten up my eyes!
What they say:
"i-open is a double-ended wand for widening and brightening eyes. The retractable pencil end helps to reduce redness inside the eyes whilst the cream to powder concealer at the other end helps to hide dark circles under the eyes. An essential for any make-up bag."
How to apply:
First run the pencil end of i-open along the inner rim of the lower lash line (aka your waterline). Now using the sponge end, blend the powder concealer under the eye & over the lids. To pick up a bit more concealer, dip the sponge end into the cap & twist.
Swatched: top line is the pencil, bottom line is the concealer. In the picture above I applied the concealer powder around my left eye and the right eye is left natural (yikes..) I didn't use the pencil on my waterline in this photo.
Pro's
♥ Am a fan of the skin coloured pencil. I personally prefer using nude coloured eyeliners on my waterline instead of white eyeliner to brighten my eye, because I find it not as harsh. I already love my Chanel Eyeliner in Clair, see my review of it here, so this is a great alternative!
♥ The liner is very soft & easy to apply
♥ The liner has great pigmentation and is long lasting
♥ The 2-1 in product is ideal, great size & perfect for the handbag to allow touch up's during the day/night!
Con's
♥ The concealer powder probably doesn't give me with enough coverage as I ideally would prefer. I'm used to using creams and liquid concealers. But this is also because I have a few pigmentation spots that I find need a good amount of product to cover them. However if you just want light coverage this powder would be ideal.
♥ Not that much concealer powder comes out when you remove the lid so personally I have to re-dip and twist a few times to get the desired coverage. Therefore I probably I won't use this product much at the start of my day to apply concealer but I think it's perfect to have in your handbag to allow you to touch up during the day or night when you need to!
i-open is available in Light & Medium and is priced at £18.50 (this review is on the light version)
To view a demonstrational video, to buy i-open or for stockist details click here!

2 comments:
This looks good I think I'll give it a go! xx
aww LOVE!!
sketchbook six
twitter
facebook
Post a Comment