Pages

Monday, February 14

Best & Worst: BAFTA's 2011

Today the 2011 BAFTA's were held at the Royal Opera House in London! The big winners of the night were 'The Kings Speech' (7 awards), 'The Social Network' (3 awards) & 'Inception' (3 awards). I wasn't too impressed with the fashion choices for this event but still quickly wanted to share my best & worst picks!
Best



From L-R:
British actress Gemma Arterton in Yves Saint Laurent. Elegant: love the bold blue bow & red lip!
American actress Emma Stone went for block colours in Lanvin, pretty!
'Chalet Girl' star Felicity Jones in vintage Chanel & Jimmy Choo shoes. Classic and cute!
Amy Adams sparkled in a design by Elie Saab.

Worst



From L-R:
Hailee Steinfeld (14 year-old) chose a black jewelled Miu Miu dress court shoes by Jimmy Choo.
It seems like people are loving this look but it's not really me and I simply don't like it...sorry!
Jennifer Lawrence chose a low-cut number by Stella McCartney. Its a stunning dress but something about it on her makes me not like it. I think the corset part of the dress just doesn't sit quite right on her plus I hate the ribbon choker, haven't seen those since the 90s (and for a reason...)!
Emma Watson in Valentino. 
Love the body of the dress and the lace but think the ruffle finish neckline is just a bit OTT. 
Harry Potter author J K Rowling in Lanvin. Unflattering...
Minnie Driver in an Alice Temperley gown. Think it looks cheap with the embellishments under the bust and that white feathery monstrosity is equally as tacky looking.

What were your best & worst picks? xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with the red Lanvin E. Stone is wearing when I saw it on the runway--so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Yes I saw it in a magazine a few weeks ago and thought it was just gorgeous. Celebs are so lucky getting to wear these kind of dresses....envy ;)
xoxo