The other night I was invited to Harvey Nichols in Knightbridge to check out the new NARS makeup book, plus to experience one of their amazing 'MakeUp Your Mind' masterclasses for myself!
In 2001, François Nars published Makeup Your Mind, a best selling beauty manual featuring glossy photographs uniquely overlaid with clear instructional guides. The first in a series of three books, featured professional models photographed 'before' (without makeup) and 'after' (with makeup), demonstrating the transformative effect of makeup effect plus instructions on how to achieve the looks at home!
In 2001, François Nars published Makeup Your Mind, a best selling beauty manual featuring glossy photographs uniquely overlaid with clear instructional guides. The first in a series of three books, featured professional models photographed 'before' (without makeup) and 'after' (with makeup), demonstrating the transformative effect of makeup effect plus instructions on how to achieve the looks at home!
In his new book, Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself he takes the before-and-after concept to the next level by transforming 56 real women and men scouted on the streets of New York City. The people vary in age from 16 to 64, and represent a wide range of countries including Russia, South Afrika, Guatemala and Sweden. I love the fact that in François books, he doesn't just write about the makeup application, but shows readers how it’s applied by including “before” and “after” pictures overlaid with clear paged diagrams, it gives you a great instant visual of the transformation!
"My hope for this book, and for my makeup, is to give you the information and tools with which to express yourself in as many different ways as you can dream up" - François Nars
At the event I got to have a good look through the book and check out all the amazing transformations!Then I got told to pick a look that I liked, for one of their talented makeup artists to transform moi :)
I chose a look called 'the Ballerina' because I really liked the soft eye matched with a bright pink lip!
This is me at the end of my Makeup Your Mind Masterclass showcasing the finished look! I really loved the result, because it's quite different to my usual makeup looks! On my lips he used the new 'Carthage' Pure Matte Lipstick, which has just launched as part of their Summer 2011 Collection. I want.... ;)Also check out this cool website they created for the the Makeup Your Mind book! Here you can select some of the looks from the book and 'try it for yourself' - it will provide you step by step instructions how to recreate the look!
Inspiring customers to have fun with different makeup looks, you can now experience one of these great Makeup Your Mind Masterclasses for yourself at Harvey Nichols at only £35 for a 2 hour class, which is redeemable on product! Plus you will leave with a personalised face chart & complimentary travel size 'Orgasm Illuminator'.
"Instead of crafting each look based on what suited the individual's personality, I focused on bringing out her or his natural beauty, rather than concealing it. Ideally you want someone to say to you, "you look great!" rather than, "your makeup looks great". You should always see the person first and the makeup second" I think this is SO true!
Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself (£29.99) is available now at Harvey Nicols and narscosmetics.co.uk
Plus check out this amazing video tutorial by Sam of Pixiwoo, where she recreates an emerald green eyes look from the book! xoxo


5 comments:
The ballerina look reminds me a little of the Robert Palmer Addicted To Love vid for some reason! It's very beautiful. I have the first NARS book and it's a fantastic concept and a constant source of inspiration. You looked beautiful by the way! Minnie xXx
This lipstick colors looks great on you!
So glad you managed to get the post back up. That bright pink lippie is beautiful on you, a must have for the Summer! xxx
I would love to have this book also. so many makeup tips! love your hair and makeup!
oh, Nice blog deary. Defnitely going to follow you!:D
BTW. I'm having my birthday giveaway.
You can check it here:
Misskatv's Birthday Giveaway!
xoxo,
Kat :)
love that lipstick! u look really pretty! :)xx
Post a Comment