Pages

Saturday, March 24

My new geek-chic glasses!

Getting some new glasses, or shall we say spectacles (I like that word), has been on my to-do list for a VERY long time! Growing up I was the odd one out in my family being the only one with 20/20 vision. However it seems that my 'old age' caught up with me over the years because about 5 or so years ago I felt my eyesight wasn't always that sharp anymore so I decided to get an eye-test. Turned out my perfect vision was no more and I need glasses.  I am short-sighted, bizarrely only in my right eye, which means I can't focus on things in a distance. I don't wear glasses all the time because I don't need them for work but I always wear them when I am driving, going to the movies or a show or watching TV. If I don't wear glasses I can function fine but just can't really see things that far away clearly; like reading signs in streets and stations or for example which bus is coming towards me on the street. Because only one eye is short-sighted, when I don't wear my glasses I find myself squinting quite a bit to focus which isn't that great...can give me a headache...and let's not even think about the wrinkles it's probably giving me!

I used to have these nice glasses by Polo Ralf Lauren but about a year ago I sat on them and ever since then one of the legs was wonky and broken, which I kept re-attaching with cellotape! I knew I had to get some new glasses but could just never find some that I really liked. Another problem is that I also have quite a small head which means a lot of glasses looked to big or wide on my face! Well anywho.... I finally did it, I got some new spectacles (APPLAUSE!!)
My old glasses were a little more 'secretary style' but this time I chose a slightly 'cooler' geek chic kind of frame.

They are from Paul Smith (Pirroni 2980 Black Horn Gold)/ I really like how they have the yellow on the inside which means they are softer on your face than just straight black frames!
I think my glasses are also a little bit like the ones Zooey Deschanel wears in her TV show 'New Girl'. Her glasses are by the uber cool brand 'Oliver Peoples' in a tortoiseshell colour. Have you seen 'New Girl' before? I am completely hooked on this show. Zooey is super 'adorkable' in it and I might have a developed a wee crush on the character Nick! Oh and I think the 'douche-bag jar' concept is brilliant!
So what do think of my new glasses? :) xoxo

10 comments:

Sarah said...

look great on you... i love your lipstick. what lipstick are you wearing!?

Alexandra said...

You look great with glasses, love the look! xo

Mimi said...

i love your new glasses! it looks great on you! next time i get a new pair, i'm gonna look for something similar to yours. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Fashion To Figure Giveaway: Win any item $30 or less
Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

Michélle said...

Love your glasses! You look great! They are exactly like mine (Ray Ban) - which I recently got too. My eyesight-story is so much like yours I had to giggle.
Have you experienced people you know standing far away smiling and waving to you and you can't even see them? Haha

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

luv the style, really suits you!!

know the feeling of trying to find the perfect pair. My specs are the only thing that i hate going shopping for - really difficult to find the perfect pair !!

http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

tackyblueeyeshadow said...

They look gorgeous on you. I really want a pair for myself! x

Kotryna said...

You look so cuute ;)

Rebecca Roode said...

You look brilliant in your new spectacles! Well done :)

Anonymous said...

These look fantastic on you!
I also adore New Girl, that show makes me cry with laughter pretty much every episode.