A few weekends ago I went out in London and decided to go for some SPARKLE!!!
♥ Face:
Mix of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation with MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NC20
Bourjois Healthy Mix Illuminating brush concealer
MAC Sheer Mystery Powder in Light Medium from the new 'Marcel Wanders collection'
Shu Uemura Bronzer in Dark Bronze to contour
MAC Blush in Warm Soul (one of my favourites, review here)
MAC Blush in Warm Soul (one of my favourites, review here)
MAC charcoal brown eyeshadow to fill in brows
♥ Eyes:
MAC paintpot in blackground (base)
MAC Copper plate eyeshadow (crease)
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette - Blackout eyeshadow (outer V and lower lash line)
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette - Bootycall eyeshadow (brow bone highlight)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk (tear duct)
MAC Vanilla Pigment (tear duct op top of the white eyeliner)
MAC Glitter - Reflects Antique Gold (applied on the centre of the lid)
MAC Glitter - Reflects Antique Gold (applied on the centre of the lid)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (waterline)
L'Oreal Super Liner (upper lash line)NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
MAC Reflects Antique Gold is one of my favourite MAC Pro products! The shade is a beautiful dusty brown gold glitter that looks like diamonds on your lids. This glitter is more fine milled than MAC's regular glitters and therefore manages to look more 'natural' and gives your eyes an elegant 'bling' factor instead of looking like cheap chunky child-like glitter.

You do need a good base to apply the glitter onto to ensure it sticks. I often use use a MAC Paintpot (Blackground in this look, but you can use any kind of creamy based eyeshadow) on the lid and then gently pat the glitter with my finger op top. Yes there will be some fall out, but hey it's glitter you are working with so that is to be expected. You can also use this glitter as a eyeliner or all over eyeshadow for a more 'foiled' look if you apply it wet with a mixing medium (like MAC Fix+).
I just adore this glitter! It adds a very sparkly amazing pop to your eyes and a little added pretty WOW factor for a night out :) I used to buy 1/4 teaspoon samples online (via eBay) of the glitter until I managed to order a full sized jar in via a pro MAC store. A little goes a long way so even a small sample will last you ages and I am sure my full sized jar will provide me with a lifetime full of sparkle!
Here I am with my girls at Beach Blanket Babylon sipping cocktails!
(their Pornstar Martini is just delish - they serve it with a shot of Bubbles on the side, need I say more?)




2 comments:
that look really suits you!!
http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/
Perfect smokey eye. I've never seen that MAC glitter before, it looks stunning!
victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com
Post a Comment