Pages

Wednesday, August 15

A walk on the East Side!

I have always loved photography but ever since I got my DSLR two years ago my appreciation of photography grew into more of a personal hobby. I definitely do not claim to be a professional of any kind but I just really enjoy taking pictures! I have done a couple of photography workshops in the last year to try to learn some tricks of the trade, how to use my DSLR camera properly and also to get creative inspiration for simply taking better photos. I have to say that through photography I have learned to ‘open my eyes’ more when walking around and seeing the beauty in things, people and my surroundings. It can sometimes be as simple as just turning around to see what’s behind you because you could be missing the most beautiful or interesting photo opportunity!

There are so many different styles of photography but I have learned that I personally most enjoy taking photos of cities, streets, people, shops and my surroundings which means it’s more of a travel/documentary style. You’ve probably seen quite a few examples of these kind of photos in my holiday/travel photos which I have posted on this website. I also love taking portrait or casual photos of people. I get such joy from taking a beautiful picture of someone that for example usually hates themselves photos and I think a great photo can boost someone’s confidence and make them smile, which is such a lovely and free gift to provide to people! I like making people feel at ease and then trying to get a photo of them that’s not too posed but that shows a true smile or emotion.

This weekend I took part in a ‘Street Photography’ workshop in East London so I thought I’d show you a selection of my favourite photos I took that day. The course was all about ‘capturing’ the streets, the people and vibe and I feel these pictures definitely scream East London to me! So let’s take a walk on the East Side shall we?





I really enjoyed the course and am quite happy with the end result of my photos!

Life is like a camera.
Just focus on what's important, Capture the good times,
Develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out...
Just take another shot!
Happy Hump Day everyone :) xoxo

5 comments:

Liliane said...

I think you really did a good job capturing the different sorts of people! Love it!
Reminds me of my visit to Brick Lane last year, such a melting pot of different cultures. Lovely.

Unknown said...

Roz these photos are amazing! I can really get a sense of what the east is like even though I have never been- and the emotion of some of the people you captured is just lovely. I need to look at doing a photography workshop I think :-) xo

Mimy said...

Great photos, love it!

DESERTAVE said...

Great post! Love the end quote!

Amy said...

Lovely pictures! I was wondering what kind of camera you use? I LOVE your blog by the way!!!