Pages

Thursday, August 30

Keeping fit Hollywood style!

Even though I am currently on holiday I still want to try to be a little healthy and work out; especially since I'm taking part in the London triathlon at the end of September! I'm doing the 10km run as part of a relay team so I really need to maintain my fitness levels over the next few weeks.
 
So while I was in LA I decided to keep fit the Hollywood way by going for a run at Runyon Canyon Park in the Hollywood Hills!

This was around 8.00am in the morning (yes up early because of jet lag!) before we started our gruelling run in the park. The run was an absolute killer; the heat and some serious climbing definitely meant I didn't look so fresh afterwards! No wonder all the celebs and LA people look so super fit; doing this run regularly definitely would keep you in amazing shape.

It was very cool to workout whilst admiring these awesome views over the city and even spotting the famous Hollywood sign!

 

To listen to my favourite beats during my run I used my brand new mobile phone accessory.

This is my Griffin Adidas Armband; made especially for the iPhone 4 (link). It's super lightweight, comfortable to wear and even has a little handy slot to put your key in!

After our workout we treated ourselves to a delicious but also nutritious breakfast at the Urth Caffe in Beverly Hills.




I had the yoghurt bowl with their homemade organic granola! It was very good, the only thing I would say is that I thought the portion of granola was a bit too small...it left me craving more but suppose that kept it a healthy morning Hollywood style ;) xoxo

 

No comments: