I got eyelash extensions last summer and loved it so much that I decided it was a must have for my summer holiday to Croatia! The beauty of having eyelash extensions for my holiday would mean not having to bother with waterproof mascara at all and being able to wake up (on a small sailing boat) and having beautiful dark curled lashes ready to go! Last year I got mine done by the lovely Kym from LashLab. You can read that review and more information on lash extensions here (link).
However before going on holiday I was so busy and I just couldn't seem to find the time to fit in an appointment to get my semi permanent lashes applied. Then I was saved by a friend of mine who recommended me to use Lash Angel, who offer a mobile service all over London! I got in contact with Vanessa who was available to come to my house at 8.30pm in Notting Hill to apply the extensions in the comfort of my own bedroom!
She applied a full set of lashes (which is about 70-90 lashes per eye) at a cost of £80. The whole procedure took about an hour and a half to complete but whilst lying on my own bed, music playing in the background.... I actually almost fell asleep, that's how comfortable I was!
Here are some before and after pictures taken on the night.
I asked for long curled full lashes but specified that I didn't want them to look too fake so they wouldn't feel too over the top during the daytime on the beach or whilst sailing. I was very happy with the final look!
Because each extension is applied to your own individual lashes I think it looks very natural.
All of the above photos are taken with ZERO makeup or mascara!
Some of the fantastic advantages of lash extensions are:
- They lengthen, thicken and give you a permanently curled lashed look
- They are waterproof and you don't need to fuss with wearing mascara
- Your extensions will last several weeks. At least 3-4 weeks depending on how well you look after them.
- Lash extensions do not cause lash loss but they will fall out over time as you lose your own lashes.
- They can be worn for extended periods until your own lash completes it's life cycle
- When applied professionally lashes can last 3 months with one or two touch ups in between (normally about £50 for top-up treatments)
Here a photo of my eyes made up to show you how easily the lashes can look more dramatic and ready for a night out :) All I did was apply MAC Club eyeshadow to my eye lid, the lower lash line and added some (water based) mascara to my lower lashes to balance out and darken the look.
Tada smokey, smoldery eyes and fluttery lashes in just a matter of minutes! I love it :)
This picture was taken in week THREE of having the lashes and still going strong!
This picture was taken in week THREE of having the lashes and still going strong!
It has now been four weeks and my lashes are still looking pretty amazing! I am definitely using Vanessa again because the lashes have been great quality and getting them done at home was just ideal. I think in 1-2 weeks I will get some in-fills done so my lashes will last me for my next holiday to the USA at the end of August! 
Fore more details on lash extensions or contact details for Lash Angels visit www.lashangel.com
Is lash extensions something you've ever had done or are you now perhaps curious to try it? xoxo




4 comments:
They look great! I definitely want to try lash extensions when I have a special occasion.
http://peluxe100.blogspot.com
They look amazing!
They look beautiful! I've been wanting to get this done because I have very short and barely there lashes. This is such a natural look! I love it!!!
They look beautiful! I've been considering getting this done because I have very short, barely there lashes. This is such a natural look! I love it!!! p.s. I love your blog!! I'm enjoying it and learning so much! Thank you!!!!
Post a Comment