Pages

Thursday, August 16

Summer statement lips: MAC So Chaud

Recently while catching up on some of my favourite blogs I spotted the stunning Linda, from PS I love Fashion, blogging about this new red lipstick she'd gotten at MAC. I pretty much fell in lust as soon as I saw it on her! Unable to get this lippy out of my mind I wondered over to the MAC store and treated myself to this little beauty....



Introducing you to my favourite new red lipstick for summer: So Chaud!


So Chaud is an 'intense reddish-orange' (matte) from MAC's permanent line.

Red lips always provide a classy look but I love that the orange tones in this lipstick give it a slightly modern twist. It's a really unique colour and makes quite a statement when worn. It fits in perfectly with this season's trend of bright orange and coral colours which makes it the ideal red lipstick for warm and sunny days. Even though they label So Chaud as a matte lipstick, I find it very creamy and no where near as matte as say Ruby Woo, which is one of MAC's most best selling red lipsticks. The lasting power of this lipstick is impressive and it's not at all drying. 

I also think it makes my blue eyes POP! 
Other products used in this FOTD:
Clinique Stay Matte Foundation (loving this at the moment!)
MAC Warm Soul Blush (review here)
MAC Wedge eyeshadow (all over lid)
Clinique's new super-balanced powder bronzer (link) 

Verdict....So Chaud is definitely So Hot!! And as Gwyneth Paltrow once said; “Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick”. I couldn’t have said it better myself! 

What do you think of So Chaud....hot or not? :) xoxo

5 comments:

Hannah said...

so gorgeous!! i have similar coloring so i must check this shade out :o) x

erica said...

I wish I could pull off the statement lip look. It looks gorgeous on you, but a bit trashy on me. Love your blog and I am your newest follower. xo

DESERTAVE said...

I love it, & am like you for skin/hair... I actually did a post on Vegas Volt by MAC... its a close cousin to this one... However i have Green eyes ;)
So glad i found your blog!

DESERTAVE said...

I love it, & am like you for skin/hair... I actually did a post on Vegas Volt by MAC... its a close cousin to this one... However i have Green eyes ;)
So glad i found your blog!

Anonymous said...

Can you do a review on this foundation please? What shade are you?