Pages

Tuesday, February 8

Aveda Smooth Infusion: The Round Up!

Hi everyone,
So after using the Aveda Smooth Infusion collection for almost a month, here it is; my final round up of the challenge! You can read my previous two posts as part of the challenge here and here.

To summarise the range here is another quick outline of the products I have been using:
1. Smooth Infusion Shampoo: softens hair & reduces frizz, priced at £14.50 for 250ml
2. Smooth Infusion Conditioner: includes a special plant infusion that leaves hair silky smooth, priced at £16.50 for 200ml
3. Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother: makes styling easier by producing long-lasting smooth results, priced at £18 for 100ml
4. Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener: for all-day straightness &shine, priced at £18.50

♥ What they say
"With 40 percent of women seeking smooth, straight, frizz-free hair, Aveda’s 4-step smoothing system, Smooth Infusion, was designed to help achieve these results—leaving hair chic, straight and manageable for 12 hours."

♥ Things I loved about the range:
The lovely lemony botanical scent. It smells so fresh which seems to linger in your hair all day!
Being organic and natural products the shampoo and conditioner feel really cleansing and good for your hair.
The products aren’t too heavy or rich which means it doesn’t weigh the hair down.
The products provide a heat barrier which means it protects your hair from heat styling and humidity.
My hair was super easy to brush (de-tangle) after washing, especially after applying the Style-Prep Smoother.
It made my hair softer, shinier, more manageable, well conditioned and less frizzy!

♥ My overall verdict:
Well basically I have been pretty impressed with the Smooth Infusion range. It promises smoother & sleeker hair and ever since I have started using these products I have certainly noticed a difference in the way my hair looks and feels. Does it make your hair straight and totally eliminate any sign of frizz? Well no, it can’t work miracles but I did find my hair was noticeably smoother, softer and it felt more hydrated. I have naturally quite straight hair already but after sleeping I normally wake up with frustrating ‘kinks’ in my hair (especially at the back of my neck) and I found while using the Smooth Infusion Range that my kinks were virtually gone in the mornings, woop woop! Also my hair remained in a smooth and less frazzled condition even after travelling on the busy London tube, working in air-conditioned offices, walking through wind and rain, ice skating and many more activities! So the big question, would I re-purchase any of these products? Yes, I would certainly re-purchase them! OK the products are a little more expensive than your average high street/drug store brands but then again I feel you get what you pay for and especially with the Style-Prep Smoother and Glossing Straightener you only need to use very little so it would last you ages. The Style Prep-Smoother is definitely my favourite of the line. As much as I know that using the full range of products will give you the best results, I think the Style Prep-Smoother is the star of this collection and you will get smoother results by just using that!

I hope that you girls have enjoyed reading about my Aveda Smooth Infusion Challenge! For more information on The Smooth Infusion line go to your local Salon or visit http://www.aveda.co.uk/
*this was a sponsored post via HandPicked Media for the Aveda Smooth Infusion Challenge.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Great review :) I'm planning on getting the range and there are lots of reviews on it right now, which must be a sign that I need it! :) lol x

Catherine x

www.beautyblogbycat.blogspot.com