Pages

Tuesday, February 1

Aveda Smooth Infusion Update:

Hi everyone,
Back in mid January I was invited to the Aveda Institute in London to take part in their 'Aveda Smooth Infusion Challenge'. You can read my original post here.
Basically the Smooth Infusion collection includes the following products:
1. Smooth Infusion™ Shampoo - softens hair and reduces friz
2. Smooth Infusion™ Conditioner - includes a special plant infusion that leaves hair silky smooth
3. Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother - makes styling easier by producing long-lasting smooth results
plus 4. Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener - for all-day straightness and shine

For the last few weeks I have been using the Shampoo, Conditioner and Style-Prep Smoother on my hair to see if it lives up to their promises to protect my hair from heat styling damage, keep my hair free from frizz for up to 12 hours and defend against humidity!
♥ My thoughts so far?
To be honest I have been pretty impressed with the performance of the Smooth Infusion products!
First off, I absolutely love the smell of the shampoo & conditioner! It’s so fresh and clean and really makes me feel like I am getting a salon treatment/wash in the comfort of my own shower ;) You can also tell that the product is very natural and good for your hair because it truly feels cleansing without making it feel so heavy and glossy from lots of added un-natural ingredients.
To describe my natural hair would be fairly straight, thin but I have quite a good amount of it. So normally when I wash & condition my hair and just blow or rough dry it, it comes out pretty smooth and straight but the ‘frizz’ and ‘fly-aways’ are the bits that annoy me intensely! It always looks nice and smooth when I am inside, but as soon as I spend sometime in the outside world, frizz starts appearing :( That's why very often after blow drying my hair I will run my straighteners through it quickly to smooth it down! I have used the products as they recommend in the picture above. What I really like about this line is that it leaves my hair feeling soft & smooth, yet not heavy or weighed down like some other ‘anti-frizz’ products can do. It protects my hair from heat styling and left my hair a feeling lot smoother than I am used to. In the last few weeks I have to admit I have hardly used my straighteners. My new routine has been to blow-dry my hair, using some velco rollers to give it a little ‘oomf’ and creating a smoother, softer and voluminous style, which actually lasts beyond the inside of my house! This is my hair after a full day of work, including walking around London, travelling on the tube and working in an air-conditioned office. Still looks pretty smooth right?

I will continue using these products and will give you a final update & round up of my challenge in the next few weeks. To read more about the Aveda Smooth Infusion range or to buy the products - click here.
For my UK based readers: Download a voucher HERE to get your own FREE haircare consultation plus a 3-piece sample pack of the Smooth Infusion haircare system, at an Aveda salon near you! xoxo
* Small print: this is a sponsored post via HandPicked Media for the Aveda Smooth Infusion Challenge

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry, you seem really nice but I'm seriously considering un-following as you only seem to 'review'/do sponsored posts.

Unknown said...

hey! I am sorry you feel that way. Since moving to London I admit that I get send more products so my blog has slightly changed in that respect. However I always review products honestly and don't post on everything I receive or get 'offered'. I still purchase a lot of my own products but also think that when I get send products it actually is interesting but it allows me to review products that I might not purchase myself or had discovered which I feel could be interesting to my readers. Plus my blog is also full of celebrity, fotd, notd, ootd posts. Hope this explains things but in the end I blog for my enjoyment and suppose it's not for everyone :)
Lots of love xoxo Roz

Unknown said...

hmmmm - now you know i have my own little issues with flyaways & frizzy hair, so in all honesty do you really think it works as it claims and would work on my hair? It does sound very promising, but i guess i want to know if you really think it is worth it & if i should purchase it??
lani xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh dutchess you are so pretty. What kind of job do you have in your air conditioned office? love your blog mwah! xx

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog! It inspires me in so many ways. You are so thin and stylish :-) I too work in a corporate office, could you pretty please do a post on the outfits you wear to work, I bet you always look super chic! thanks muchly, Karen Blixen

Unknown said...

Thanks Karen for the sweet comments! Cheered me up today :)
A post of work outfits is definitely something I have been planning for a while. Watch this space! xoxo