Pages

Sunday, July 3

Diane and 'Be the woman you want to be'

When an invite arrived a few weeks back to attend the launch of Diane Von Furstenberg's new fragrance in London, I was beyond excitement! Why, because turns out she would actually be there to promote the new scent herself. So last week I headed out to the West End to the DVF Boutique in Bruton Street to meet Diane and I have to admit, I was a little nervous to soon be face-to-face with this amazing fashion icon. 

First off I have to start by saying that as soon as I walked in I fell in love with the DVF store! It is so beautiful, intimate and the clothes, oh don't get me started on the clothes....I wish I could have walked out with every single item in there! 
So colourful, so timesless, so beautiful, so elegant, so powerful.....basically just so 'Diane'! :)

Now onto the amazing lady Diane von Furstenberg herself. I was completely blown away by her personality, charisma, elegance, beauty, style and intelligence. What an inspirational woman!
She spoke so passionately about her life, her career and what inspired her to create this fragrance. 

Apparently, Diane's experience in fashion has helped her observe the power of fragrance and the fact that according to Diane “People forgot about the power of perfume and the magic of perfume. Perfume has been used since antiquity to seduce. It is about emotion; it is memory and addiction."
This is the reason that inspired her to create a new fragrance, a fragrance which will capture the essence of beauty and seductiveness. Diane von Furstenberg told in an interview that: “Everything I saw and everything I do is all about the same thing: Be the woman you want to be. It’s all about empowering women.”
Diane said on the day 'in this bottle I have put all my knowledge, all my seduction tricks and all my power. So this is quite something" OK I am sold, where do I sign up? ;)

So now last but not least onto the fragrance 'Diane'. 

"Created by and for an independent woman, for those who are full of life, power, passion and subtle complexity. Much like the iconic wrap dress 'Diane' envelopes the body to give a woman glamour, shine and confidence." Floral notes of frangipani and violet are “the yin and the yang,” as D.V.F. puts it; flowers that contrast, which is the way she sees women.
The Diane fragrance was created with the help of Chantal Ross and crafted by Aurelien Guichard of Givaudan and the frangipani and violet flowers are fused with base notes of murrh, musk and patchouli which add a touch of warmth and power to the scent.

I have to say, I love this fragrance, it's beautiful! It's a real classic, womanly, sexy and sophisticated scent. If you are a typical young, sweet and fruity kind of fragrance girl this might not be for you. It's more a woody floral fragrance which I believe will be a real classic and hit for woman that are early to mid 20's and upwards. It's powerful and classic yet fun and fresh at the same time! All I can say is, go smell for yourself and be swept away by Diane's new fragrance. 'Be the woman you want to be' 

After Diane's talk to us all about the new fragrance, she circulated the room, sharing the fragrance and tying scented ribbon around her admiring audience's wrists. This is when I got my photo opportunity! OK it's a terrible photo of me but who cares, I am standing next to Diane von Furstenberg. A moment I will remember for a long time....
The fragrance 'Diane' will launch exclusively in Harrods and DVF boutiques from 16th October 2011. It will be available nationwide from early 2012. Prices start at £47 for the Eau de Toilette and £64 for the Eau de Parfum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DVF! So fun!

Charlotte said...

great post :)
http://ceeharvey.blogspot.com/2011/07/100-followers-give-away.html

xoebc said...

So jealous I absolutely adore her she is such an inspiration. What an amazing opportunity!

http://www.xoebc.blogspot.com