Pages

Tuesday, July 5

Estee Lauder - Double Wear ShadowCremes

As you all know I am quite a fan of MAC Paint Pots because not only do they work great as bases, they are also perfect for an easy swipe of long lasting colour to the lid. So I when I read about Estee Lauder's new Double Wear 'Stay-in-Place’ Shadow Cremes I was interested to try them out!

Estee Lauder promises that the creme eyeshadows deliver an 'intense colour that lasts up to 15 hours and goes on fast!' There are nine new summery shades in these little pots of cream shadows, which can be applied with your finger or brush. The pots are priced at £15.50 each and come in the following shades:
♥ Golden Sands
♥ Pink Pearl
♥ Gold Dust
♥ Butter Cream
♥ Café Au Lait
♥ Smokey Twilight
♥ Smokey Plum
♥ Midnight Kohl
♥ Mochachino
From L-R: Golden Sands, Butter Cream and Café Au Lait

I have to say I have am loving these little pots! They have an exceptionally silky formula that blends easily. Great pigmentation and coverage which doesn’t crease or fade; even in the heat it doesn't budge which you might expect a creamy based product to do! (This making them perfect for summer!) It glides on smoothly and 'dries' in about 30 seconds to a lovely powdery finish. You can wear it alone or layer it under powder eye shadow (just like MAC Paint Pots). Estee Lauder promises 15 hour wear, and even though I never timed it, I can confirm they are definitely long lasting. After long (warm) days and even after evening gym sessions the eyeshadow hardly faded or creased, so well impressed with its longevity! The colours are vibrant and build-able (in about two swipes the colour shows up as vibrant on my lid as they are in the pot) and they look like that all day long :) See swatches below: 
Top Natural Light, Bottom with Flash
From L-R: Golden Sands, Butter Cream and Café Au Lait

Can't think of any downfalls to this product really beside maybe that they are a little pricey. But then again you do get a lot of product for your money so they last you a long time, plus it's versatile because you can use the shadowcreme's as a base, shadow and liner! Here is me with a simple FOTD:
For this look I applied Café Au Lait all over the lid (and along lower lashline) with my fingers. I then applied some Golden Sands to the inner tear duct to brighten up the eye and blended the shadow cremes up to the crease with a clean blending brush. I finished off with some simple black liner along the upper lash line and a few coats of mascara. Simple but so pretty. Buttercream is probably my favourite out of the three, such a pretty beige coral shade!

If you'd like to try Estee Lauder's Double Wear ShadowCremes, you'll find them at your local Estee Lauder Counter or online. Have you ever tried any of the Estee Lauder ShadowCremes? xoxo

7 comments:

Kotryna said...

Looks really great on you, unfortunately its too expensive for me to buy those eyeshadows:/

MakeupbyEesha said...

I have it in shade precious shade. It's an olive green colour. I absolutely love it.

Unknown said...

I LOVE these! I've got Ivory Lace and Antique Gold. They are a few years old now but when my Benefit cream shadows have dried out these are still going strong. I haven't tried the Mac Paintpots but I'm happy using these. It's great that you mentioned a few new colours I'll have to check them out! xx

makeup magpie said...

Lovely FOTD -- these shades look fabulous on you :) I have Butter Cream and Golden Sands. Really love the texture of these! xx

Anonymous said...

I'm going to need to try these, they look great!

Flyavsted said...

Love the FOTD! Need to pick some of these up next time I am near by an Estee Lauder counter.

www.Victoria-Gabrielle.blogspot.com said...

they look gorgeous x