Pages

Thursday, July 21

New MAC purchases: Warm Soul & Richer, Lusher

So when I was at MAC getting my makeup done for the Pre-Wimbledon party (see the post here) I ended up buying two new MAC products to cover my £25 fee for the 'make-over'.

The first product I got was the MAC Mineralize blush in 'Warm Soul'. The makeup artist used this in my look for that night and said it was his all time favourite blush. I normally tend to go for more pink or coral toned blushes (like MAC Well Dressed or NARS Orgasm) so this warmer more beige toned isn't something I would have picked myself. However, once he applied it on my cheeks, I just loved the effect! 
Mineralize Blush is baked mineral refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. It enhances the cheekbones with a luminous pearlised shimmer.   MAC describes this blush as a 'mid tone beige with gold pearl'.

Here is the blush swatched:
Natural Light                                                                    Flash

Really loving this blush. It gives me warmth and a subtle glow at the same time :) It has a lovely sheer pigmentation but you can easily build up the colour. I think Warm Soul would also look amazing on darker skinned girls or for people that are scared of using bronzers as it gives such a nice warm glow without the brown/orange undertone of some bronzers.

Warm Soul retails at MAC Cosmetics for £19.00/US$23.00/€23.00

The second product I got was MAC Cremesheen Glass in 'Richer, Lusher'. For a while I have been looking for a sheer peach toned lipgloss and this gloss just caught my eye! 
Cremesheen Glass is a creamy, milkier gloss than say MAC Lipglass. Even though it's very creamy, it's not too sticky or thick on the lips. It's vanilla-scented and has a nice colour/sheer effect on the lips.

Richer, Lusher is a creamy, peach coral. When you see the gloss in the tube or even on the swatched on your hand; you think the colour is going to be very in-your-face peach coral and very rich......
But once on my lips, it actually gives them a lovely soft peachy look! Great smooth, non sticky formula ♥
Warm Soul retails at
MAC Cosmetics for £16.00/ US$18.50/€19.00

Have you bought any new MAC Goodies recently that you are loving? Please do share :) xoxo

12 comments:

Peachypops said...

I'm a big fan of MAC's Cremesheen Glass and the Mineralize products, and both of the ones you purchased look beautiful!
I am very tempted to get them myself now, haha :)
x

Summer Loren said...

I just bought the cremesheen glass is "partial to pink" I was quite disappointed that the pretty colour doesn't actually translate on my lips, it's like wearing a clear gloss however it does look nice over the matte lipstick "please me", I never both with Mac lipglosses but the one you bought is so pretty I might just have to make another exception! x

PinkLouLou said...

I am loving this color lipgloss! Thanks for the tip girlfriend! xo

princesselfy said...

Warm Soul looks gorgeous. And the gloss really suits you.

Anna Saccone said...

Wow, gorgeous products - they both look so pretty! <3

Imogen said...

That lipgloss is stunning!

Anonymous said...

Warm Soul looks right up my alley! Thanks!

Kar Yi said...

I had my eyes on Dainty Mineralized Blush but now you have me convinced that Warm Soul is better! I have the cremesheen glass in Fashion Whim which is the perfect milky pink nude gloss :) Richer, Lusher looks gorgeous on your lips ^^

Kelly said...

I've never tried a mac cremesheen but they look amazing! Warm soul sort of looks like nars orgasm to me. :D

PeachesandBlush said...

Wow...warm soul looks really fab !! Never paid it much attention n the mac store

Anonymous said...

Both of these products look amazing <3 I really love MAC's Mineralize blushes, they give such a nice sheen to the skin and really look lovely. And I love that Cremesheen, it's going on my wishlist! :)

http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

lovely purchases! such summer colors! xx