Pages

Wednesday, September 14

And Miss Universe 2011 is.....

A new Miss Universe was crowned Monday night: She's Miss Angola, business student Leila Lopes, and she plans to work on HIV advocacy worldwide, in addition to helping her own country.
"As Miss Angola I've already done a lot to help my people," Lopes, 25, said Tuesday morning after taking home the crown. "I've worked with various social causes. I work with poor kids, I work in the fight against HIV. I work to protect the elderly and I have to do everything that my country needs. I think now as Miss Universe I will be able to do much more."
The top 10 finalists in the MIss Universe competition stand proudly on stage in their swimwear!
From left: Miss Austrailia, Miss Costa Rica, Miss France, Miss Ukraine, Miss Portugal, Miss Panama, Miss Philippines, Miss Angola, Miss China and Miss Brazil.

Out of the top 10, these were my favourites:
Miss Australia: Scherri-Lee Biggs
Miss China: Luo Zilin
Miss Panama: Sheldry Sáez
and Miss Angola: Leila Lopes

Another favouritte of the competition, that was highly ranked
but unfortunately didn't make it to the top 10, for me was:
Miss Netherlands: Kelly Weekers!
Haha ok I am a bit bias I suppose but she's really pretty and I watched her win Miss Netherlands 2011 on this TV show and she was such a sweet & down to earth girl.
Check out some stunning pictures of her here.

Lopes is Angola's first winner. She beat out 88 other competitors to win the title during the 60th anniversary of the world's biggest beauty pageant. Lopes, 25, laughed and smiled as she hugged runner-up Miss Ukraine Olesia Stefanko, then felt a crown placed carefully on her head after dazzling a panel of judges with her beauty and impressing them with her brain ;)
Ahh congratulations to the beautiful new Miss Universe 2011. Who were your favourites and do you think Miss Angola deserved to win the title and crown this year?


Happy Hump Day everyone :)
xoxo

4 comments:

Yu said...

I never watch these but Miss Angola is gorgeous!

Ana said...

I've watched it and even being brazilian I don't think the brazilian one deserved the third place. Miss Angola is beautiful she has been to a brazilian TV show and everybody was crazy about her.

Anonymous said...

miss philippines should have own.she's not only beautiful but very smart too.her answer was so nicely put together and she din't need an interpreter.such a gorgeous lady.both on the inside and out.

Mighty Burns said...

i read similar parts of her interviews and she seems like such a sweet, and smart woman. Im glad she woman.. also..check out that dress! love it :)