Pages

Friday, September 16

MAC Crosswires and Snob

Hey my lovelies,

While I was on holiday in Italy my friend was so kind to let me to have a nosey in her makeup bag. I love doing that kind of thing because I think it's a great way to discover new products. Like me, she very much loves her MAC makeup and was happy for me to play around with two of her favourite lippies. 
So let me share my findings:
Crosswires - described by MAC as 'a clean pinky orange' (Cremesheen)
Snob - described by MAC as 'a ladylike mauve' (Satin)

Here they are swatched on my hand:
These photo's were taken in natural light with no flash.

MAC Crosswires is such a stunning bright orange/pink coral shade. The cremesheen formula's is one of my favourites, so creamy and smooth, plus it's also very long lasting. Think this colour would suit many different skin tones and would look great on both blondes and brunettes. It's definitely not one for the shy-hearted though as it's very much a 'look at me' lippie! :) 
I really liked this lipstick so it has now been added to my (ever growing) lust list.

MAC Snob is a bit of a 'cult favourite' in the lipstick world. It's very popular with some but then also hated by others. Snob is super pigmented and a pink with lavender/purple undertones. I like the satin feel and look, but it can also be a little drying. I love the look of the lipstick swatched and in the tube, plus every time my friend wears it, I always think WOW that just looks FAB! However, the moment I applied this lipstick to my lips I just felt it didn't suit me at all! Too pale, too lilac and too cool toned...it just washed me out and made me look a bit like a porn star haha. Strange because it looks so amazing on my friend! Think it depends on the shade of your lips naturally to decide if the lipstick becomes more pink or purple on you. Therefore if you like the look of this lipstick in the shops I would definitely recommend getting it applied to your lips before making a rushed purchase! What do you think; are you a snob lover or hater? 

xoxo Roz
PS: I am sorry if I am a little MIA for the next few days - my parents are in town plus I am MOVING house this weekend so busy busy but am very exciting for this new adventure of my life to start :)

5 comments:

Catarina Reais said...

I love the colors!!! They are perfect

xoxo
http://bluepearl22cr.blogspot.com/

Jenny / Rocknrollerr said...

Great colours!

Shadowy Lady said...

gorgeous shades. Snob is hands down my fave lipstick of all time. I'm on my third tube right now

MaviDeniz said...

i think snob looks really pretty on your lips. I've tried so many different shades of lipstick but almost all of them don't work for me :( I guess im more of a clear lip gloss girl.

Xo

Rebecca said...

love these colors!!
<3