Pages

Wednesday, August 1

Dancing in the rain!

Quote of the day....
Happy Hump Day everyone! I hope your week is going well :)

I personally can't believe it's the 1st of August already....seriously where have the last few months gone?! I'm all back into London mode after my holiday in Croatia and will be at home for most of August before my next holiday to the USA at the end of August. I have to say that London is a pretty amazing and buzzing city to live in at the moment because of the London 2012 Olympic Games! On Friday night me and some friends went to the Opening Ceremony concert in Hyde Park to watch the ceremony with around 80,000 other people whilst singing the night away with great musical performances by Duran Duran, Stereophonics and Snow Patrol. It was a fabulous night and I really enjoyed watching the ceremony; did any of you watch the show London put on? 

Also last night I was lucky enough to experience some more Olympic Fun at the official Olympic Park because I actually managed to secure tickets to see some hockey games at the Riverbank Arena. Here some quick pictures of my trip to the London 2012 Olympic Park!
We saw USA beat Argentina 1-0 and Australia beat Germany 3-1! I have played hockey since I was a little girl so it was amazing to see these top athletes playing at such a prestigious sporting event.
The vibe at the park was incredible! Even though there were SO many people it was all very well organised and everyone was so helpful and friendly. I think the volunteers are doing an wonderful job! We had a brilliant evening, I now really want to try to get some more tickets......

Are you following any of the Olympics at the moment? I love watching the swimming, hockey, athletics, rowing and cycling and hopefully The Netherlands will pick up a few medals these games; we have secured two so far already :) How is your country doing at London 2012? xoxo

2 comments:

Liz said...

I live in the US! What part will you be visiting next month?

Unknown said...

Hi Liz! I will be spending one week in California for a friends wedding and one week shopping and fun in NYC! Very excited :) x