Pages

Monday, December 6

ChapStick - What's your flavour?

As mentioned earlier, the last week it has been pretty darn freezing here in London with lots of snow piling up on the streets. Snow is super pretty but also, brrrr, cold! After living in New Zealand for almost 8 years I am finding it's taking a little while to acclimatise to all this wintery weather. My skin and lips are feeling the cold....Therefore I was pretty happy when a little gift popped through my letterbox a little while ago! A Chapstick! How perfect to keep my lips healthy and soft during these minus zero temperatures.

What Chapstick says:
"Keeping your lips looking & feeling healthy is quick and easy with ChapStick Flavours. With a choice of Strawberry, Cherry or Apple, ChapStick Flavours offer a fruity way to protect your lips. Why? ChapStick Flavours have been uniquely formulated to soothe, soften and nourish lips while preventing moisture evaporation. ChapStick Strawberry includes SPF 15 sunscreen to protect your lips against the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays. The formulas include:
Strawberry: Vitamin E, Camphor, Carnauba Wax and SPF 15 Sunscreen
Cherry: Carnauba Wax, Beeswax and Camphor
Apple: Carnauba Wax and Beeswax
When? Apply frequently throughout the day, especially before exposure to the sun, wind or cold weather." 
Me & my Strawberry flavoured ChapStick in snowy London!
My thoughts: 
It's been fabulous wearing the lip balm in the cold weather. It's really soothing and healing for my dry and slightly chapped lips. It's not glossy or sticky, which is nice when your lips are chapped and maybe a little sensitive. However I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of the strawberry flavour. Strawberry flavoured things just aren't my cup of tea. Even things like strawberry flavoured yoghurt, milkshakes or icecream - nope I don't like it haha. So think might have to check out the other flavours or the original version to help heal and prevent dry, chapped lips this winter :)

When I checked out the Chapstick website they had this funny little test you could do to see 'What does your ChapStick say about you?" I did the test and I got:
"You're a Genuine Original!
We reckon you’re the honest, straightforward and dependable type. There’s no hidden agenda – you’re simply a really good mate. Your ideal partner is the caring and sensitive type (and no – we don’t mean "dull"). Favourite food? Something tasty and natural – like a simple salad or tomato and basil soup. In other words, nothing that hides the real flavours. Your wardrobe is the same – full of classy items which mix and match beautifully, rather than anything “high fashion” or loud."

Not far off reality I think, well done ChapStick ;) Take the 'What's your Flavour' test here now for a laugh! 
Plus a quick photo of me in the snow!  
I've been keeping my feet nice & warm with my black Topshop buckle fur booties! Loving them :)

The small print: PR Sample.

5 comments:

Celina T said...

I love Burt's Bees Lip Balm!
100% natural and the new mango butter flavour is delish:)

Celina T said...

I love Burt's Bees Lip Balm!
100% natural and the new mango butter flavour is delish:)

Jessica said...

The strawberry is my favorite!!

Tried to take the quiz but it wouldn't display.

Kiki said...

cute...lipsmackers have been my absolute favorite for years! so moisturizing and they have the most wonderful flavors! they are so accessible in the states and are inexpensive. have you tried them before?

xoxo

Unknown said...

@ sunny & star, sorry link was not correct, have now fixed this! my bad :)
@my beauty musings - yes have tried lipsmackers before, but years ago, will stock up on some more this winter I think xoxo