Pages

Thursday, February 17

Makeup Forever: Lash Fibers

Back in December, for St Nicolas, I got a cosmetics item that had been on my MakeUp Lust List for quite a long time. I first heard about it through the incredibly talented ladies of Pixiwoo when it featured in one of their videos. (Ps: check their website & YouTube channel out if you don't know them! Uh-mazing tutorials!) So now let me tell you about one of my favourite makeup items at the moment: MakeUp Forever - Lash Fibers!

"Lash Fibers is a fiber-enriched base to mascara. Applied before mascara it adds lengths and volume to your lashes and maximizes their volume for a spectacular effect. Its creamy texture immediately wraps the lashes and sets immediately. Enriched with active ingredients, its formula nourishes, protects and strengthens lashes"

Basically you add this product as a primer for your lashes, covering it with little white fibers. Apply by wiggling the brush along the lashes to completely sheathe lashes with the fibers. Repeat as desired, let it set for a few seconds and then apply your normal mascara over the top! This is me with the product applied pre-mascara. I know it looks a little weird; the white lashes...
Then here is the finished result. On the left is my eye WITH Lash Fibers + Mascara &on the right is my eye only with mascara! Can you see the added volume and  length?
I absolutely love it! Ok it's not quite like falsies and I wouldn't wear this every day but when I am going out or want a little bit more volume and drama without going for the full false lash effect - this products is PERFECT!
Left: with Makeup Forever Lash Fibers + Mascara.           Right: without fibers and just mascara.

It applies really easily and smoothly & I like that it volumises and lengthens without clumping all the lashes together. It was quite tricky to get good 'photographic evidence' showing you the proper results but all I can say is that I really notice it & love it! You can purchase this product online at Sephora here for US$20.
Have you ever tried any lash primers with fibers before? xoxo

2 comments:

Irene Blushing Loves said...

It looks like it has done a great job!!Definitely going to check this one!!I love thicker,volume lashes!!!
hugs&kisses

CleverRabbit said...

Wow! I really love the look of this. Your lashes look positively luscious!

This might have to go on my wishlist for when payday comes around...

Thanks for the review and the photos.

x

Clever Rabbit Beauty Blog
Polish. Potions. Whatever.

Follow me on twitter: @Clever_Rabbit