As you might know I am a big fan of any taupe/mushroom coloured nail polishes & one of my favourites is definitely Chanel – Particulière! Check out my post on that nail polish here. When my friend (& fellow nail polish lover) recently came to visit me in London she with had with her an OPI colour that is very similar to my beloved Chanel polish! Here is my Nail of the Day (NOTD) wearing OPI – Over The Taupe:
Over The Taupe is very similar to OPI’s - You Don’t Know Jacques (from their French collection) but it’s a little lighter and less brown and more taupe and mushroom! Over The Taupe was released in the summer of 2009 as part of an OPI Brights collection that was a collaboration between OPI and Paige Denim. Apparently there was a lot of fuss when this collection was released that Over the Taupe didn’t really belong in a collection of bright blues, pinks, orange and purples. I agree that it does seem slightly odd that a mushroom taupe was added in to a brights collection, but hey who cares, it’s a gorgeous colour! I just adore these kind shades on my nails. So chic and perfect for any occasion; for work but also still classy & glam for a night out! Needed about 2-3 coats to get a good opaque coverage but I used a basecoat and found that the polish lasted amazingly long!
Note to self – think I need to use base coats more often ;)
Note to self – think I need to use base coats more often ;)
I have my parents visiting me in London this weekend so will be out & about showing them my new London life! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend :) xoxo

6 comments:
I love that colour! I have Essie's Little Brown Dress- so glad they are available in NZ. London is my dream place to live, so cool that you made the move!
Bec
I have been looking for a color like this, and was thinking about getting you don't know jacques, but its too dark and too brown. This one looks so pretty! Kind of like metro chic by OPI =)
I am obsessed with this color!
It's such a gorgeous colour, it looks so classy and pretty on you :)
www.daintymakeup.blogspot.com
x
Such a fabulous color!!
<3 Megan
http://www.suitcaseandstilettos.com
Gorgeous color doll :D x
Post a Comment