Hey my lovelies,
Yay it is Friday :) I hope you've all had a great week and have got some fun or relaxing plans for the upcoming weekend? See below my FOTD from last Sunday. That day, me and a friend, went to see a play in the West End with Matthew Fox (you know the guy from Lost! and Party of Five). It was funny to be so 'up-close-and-personal' with an actual celebrity haha! Afterwards we stuffed ourself with unlimited dim sums at Ping Pong (Lazy Sumdays Deal) - oh my.....how I looooove dumplings :)
Anyway back to the FOTD, I decided to go for a smokey taupe/grey lid with a pop of purple!

♥ Face:
MAC Studio Finish Concealer NC20
Vie One Step Face Base Foundation in Soft Beige (review to follow)
Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder
ChiChi Blush in Love Machine
♥ Eyes:
MAC Cream Colour Base in Luna (all over lid as base)
MAC Sweet Sienna Pigment (all over lid & outer lower lash line)
This pigment is by far one of my favorite pigments from MAC. The perfect shade for an everyday or night time smokey look. The color is a bit hard to describe; its like a grayish taupe color. Sweet Sienna is very similar to a MAC eyeshadow called Smoke & Diamond. Am a little gutted because I'm running low on this pigment and because it was limited edition it will be hard to repurchase :(
MAC Devil May Care Mineral Eyeshadow - Purple (inner lower lash line)
New CID Cosmetics - iOpen pencil (line underneath brows as highlight & blend with fingers)
Bourjois Effet Smokey Pencil in Ultra Black (waterline)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (upper lash line)
Bourjois Volume Fast & Perfect 'Rotatif' Mascara
♥ Lips:
Guerlain Kiss Kiss, Maxi Shine Lipstick - 644 Nude Shine
Do you like this look? I thought it was fun to add that little bit of colour! :)
I also want to quickly talk about the Bourjois Volume Fast & Perfect Mascara I used in this FOTD. I received this mascara at a recent blogging event and have been trying it out since. Basically Bourjois' latest mascara (due to launch in the UK in May) comes with a spinning wand!! The idea behind the auto-rotating brush is that you can achieve a flawless false lash volume effect in just 30 seconds with the rotation function ensuring that every lash is captured, separated and coated evenly from root to tip.
In the last few years some cosmetics brands launched a range of vibrating mascaras. However, I never really got on the bandwagon with that 'hype' because it felt like a gimmicky design without providing real results. However when I saw the great results of this rotating wand at the event, I was very eager to try it for myself! I found that by spinning in both a clockwise and anticlockwise direction, it does actually lifts the lashes and coats them from the very base to the tip evenly. It feels a little odd at first and does take a bit of practice but after a few times I got the hang of it and now find it easy to apply. You just need to put the wand at the base of the lashes and leave it there rotating for a few seconds before combing it through the length of the lashes. It really grabs the lashes from the root and gives a really good lift. The formula of this mascara is really nice too (contains natural waxes, vitamin E and jojoba oil complex), it's volumising, doesn't flake or smudge and it's easy to remove. So overall I have been quite impressed by this mascara. Not sure if I will be switching permanently to this rotating mascara, because love too many 'manual' ones too but it's definitely a fun gimic that delivers what it promises! It will be available from Boots, Superdrug, ASOS and Boots.com from May at £11.99 or €16.99. Do you think you will try this spinning mascara? :) xoxo
10 comments:
Perfect Look!
Love it!!!
Pasarela <3
Wow your make-up looks stuniing what a great combination ! I would have never thought to put to solours together like that.
xx :o)
http://lulubbeautyandfashion.blogspot.com/
looking pretty, :)
Cheers,
follow me
www.fakhrarafique.blogspot.com
Wow, you look amazing! And your hair is so cute like that!! The colours of your eyeshadow really bring out your eyes :) <3
Gorgeous! Purple is amazing with your blue eyes x
Great look!
And your lashes looks quite impressing, so I think I will try that mascara:)
Beautiful look! That Sweet Sienna pigment looks just lovely. I think I was not keeping up to date on MAC collections at the time it was released, so I missed out *sigh* x
Soo nice!! I will do that for sure!!!
:*
Owwww, nice look!
Helen
ifitwasatag.blogspot.com
:)
Great review! And I really, really like the makeup!! You look so pretty!
I LOVE MAC so it was extra fun to see that you used so many of their products. So happy I found thos blog. I will follow!
Post a Comment