Don’t us girls always want, what we don’t have? Well, being a naturally straight haired girl, I am always on a mission to find great products that give me that perfect sexy wavy beach hair look that I adore so much! I usually curl my hair with my GHD’s (my straightening iron of choice!) and I have to say I have become pretty quick and good at creating curls this way but I still find the curls a little too ‘perfect’. Sometimes I just crave to have perfectly messy boho hair; like the Olsen twins!
You see what I mean??? ;) Love it ♥
So when over a year ago I kept reading reviews about this blow-dryer that could dry your hair and create a curls at the same time I was intrigued. What were they talking about? Well it’s the Remington Spin Curl Dryer. I read raving reviews and loved the results people were showing in pictures so from then on I was dying to get my little paws on one! But I was out of luck, I couldn’t get it anywhere in NZ or online! Then time passed, and I had kind of forgotten about this product until I stumbled across it at Sainsbury’s (my local supermarket) just before Christmas offered at ½ price! The normal price is £39.99 and I got it for £19.99! Because I needed a UK plugged dryer anyway this was ideal because the Remington Spin Curl is basically a normal blow dryer that comes with a wind tunnel attachment.
Instructions on how to use the Remington Spin Curl Dryer:
♥ Wash your hair the normal way and detangle it, so it’s nice and smooth
♥ Apply some curl enhancing mousse/spray to help create better and longer lasting curls. (I normally use my Aveda's Phomollient Styling Foam)
♥ Use the nozzle and blow dry your roots & fringe first!
♥ Then attach the spin curl (wind tunnel) attachment..
♥ Section your hair, starting at the bottom and feed small sections of your hair into the cylinder (one at a time) and turn the dryer on its most powerful setting and highest speed. You can use small or chunkier sections, depending on how ‘tight’ you want the curls to be.
♥ Let each section of hair get twirled around for about 20 seconds while you slowly move the dryer up and down.
♥ Don’t be scared (I was initially too) but there’s nothing that your hair can get stuck in. It’s just a tube and the air will spin your hair and twist the sections so they come out looking like dreadlocks!
♥ Continue doing all your hair until you pretty much look like a rastafari! See below :)
Now all you have to do is just let the dreadlocks cool down. When cool gently separate them (with your hands) to create that soft natural wave! So this is me with my Olsen Twin hair!
Makeup I am wearing in these photos is: Bourjois Little Round Pots in #90 (white) #93 (gold) & #74 (dark brown). Blush is Well Dressed by MAC and on my lips is Sephora Super Shimmer Lipgloss in "Apricot Soufflé
So what do you think of my wavy hair?? I LOVE it! With my hair like this I feel so different and almost a bit like Shakira, haha! Definitely would recommend this product if you are after boho beachy hair – it's super easy to use and creates long lasting wavy hair. xoxo




18 comments:
Cool! I get my loose waves or tight curls from a curling wand. I chose the Babyliss one and they are really amazing! Also, with a curling wand, the waves or curls sometimes last for days and days!
YOU LOOK LIKE ME!!! xox
I NEED ONE OF THOSE! This is exactly what my hair does on its own when it's not so long and heavy as it is now... but I love that nonchalant beachy look!!! Now I just need to find one in Holland, any idea where I could look?
thats a cool product, seems pretty easy to use and the results are perfect.
ifitwasatag.blogspot.com
Helen
:)
Love the look!
I´m always trying to get waves like yours too, but i´m not sure if this product would work with really long hair like mine... :(
@ Suz: I know I am rocking the poodles look, LOVE it!
@ Lulu, hmmm not sure where you could get them in NL. I could always just bring you one over from the UK in april?
@Pasarela - depends on how long your hair is but think should work fine on long hair. Zoe from Zoella (http://schoee.blogspot.com) has really long hair and uses this to create her spin curls :)
Your hair is gorgeous like this. My hair is so so o curly naturally but i HATE it, so yes your right, we always want what we dont have!
xxx
Wow that looks great on you. I am very tempted to get my paws on one but I already have thick wavy hair, it just doesn't curl nicely like that so not sure if I would look like I'd had a perm.. haha
Hannah-Lou X
www.magpiesandmayhem.blogspot.com
And to think I paid almost £100 to get it permed like this! Definitely getting this when my perms run out, it looks absolutely lovely! :)
OMG!! This is sooo pretty on you!! You're lucky you can pull off both straight and curly hair so well, both look equally good on you! xoxo
Wow!! I need it!!
AHH! Is your hair naturally REALLY straight? Because mine is SUPER straight and i really don't believe my hair will do that! haha
It would be amazing if it worked!
xoxo
Amanda
AHH! Is your hair naturally REALLY straight? Because mine is SUPER straight and i really don't believe my hair will do that! haha
It would be amazing if it worked!
xoxo
Amanda
wow it looks great!
Omg this looks so cool, and it looks like it really works!
Ah this looks so cool, I really want to get my hands on this! I have always lusted over the classic olsen messy wave/lock
Thanks so much for sharing this girly!
This is so cool! I love the dreadlock looking style at first as well! I've seen these in stores here, but never seen anyone use it. I'm definitely going to go buy one!
WOW that is amazing! I have been looking for something that does that for AGES, but now my hair is short! I doubt it would work! Any products that make your hair grow Rozy? xx
Post a Comment