VIE at home, previously known as The Virgin Cosmetics Company and Virgin Vie At Home, specialises in the direct selling of make up, skin care, body care, jewellery and homeware. It's basically similar to companies like Avon, Mary Kay or Nutrimetics.
Now onto the 'One Step Face Base' Foundation:
The foundation comes in a pretty blue transparent case, with a mirror and sponge applicator. I like the VIE logo printed into the foundation and the packaging has a nice luxury feel to it. The foundation is available in 6 different shades, Alabaster, Caramel, Honey, Ivory, Sabe & Soft Beige. I got Soft Beige which is a nice shade but possibly a little too dark for me at the moment. It gives me a little more of a tanned look but probably more suited to my summer colouring, as opposed to my current pasty white winter look! ;)♥ What they say:
"Get a smooth and even finish in just 90 seconds with our all-in-one foundation and powder. With a silky matt finish, this compact is perfect for all cover ups and perfect for setting makeup, whether at home or on the go."
The VIE face base can be worn alone for a quick and easy, soft and natural complexion or applied on top of your favourite liquid foundation for great full coverage that lasts right through the day. I found to get the best finish, lightly dust a small amount of the VIE base all over your face using a large, soft powder brush after applying your liquid foundation. This gives your face a lovely flawless and soft finish.
♥ My thoughts:
I really like the finish and feeling this product gives my skin; flawless and so silky! It's non-drying and provides long lasting good coverage without looking cakey or too powdery. Also I am quite the liquid foundation addict so I wouldn't usually only apply powder foundation, but with this powder I did actually feel it provided me with enough coverage (after a bit of concealer) to wear this foundation on it's own for a natural finish. In this FOTD you can see my face with only concealer and the VIE One Step Face Base! Quite a natural but good coverage result I think! :)
♥ Price & Availability:
You can't buy the One Step Face Base on the high street. It is only available to be bought from a Vie at Home Party, through a Vie Consultant or Online via their website.
You can't buy the One Step Face Base on the high street. It is only available to be bought from a Vie at Home Party, through a Vie Consultant or Online via their website.
The compact costs £16 (€20) and refills for the foundation are priced at £12.50 (€15.62)
Have you ever tried the One Step Face Base or any other products from VIE at home? xoxo

4 comments:
Never tried any product of that brand:)
This sounds really good, I prefer powder bases to liquid foundation and the fact that it's non cakey is really good. It's a shame they're not available on the high street as I hate choosing shades online x
This sounds really good, I prefer powder bases to liquid foundation and the fact that it's non cakey is really good. It's a shame they're not available on the high street as I hate choosing shades online x
I have this and i LOVE it, however the woman at the Virgin Vie counter gave me a shade slightly too dark for my skin :(!
I will definitely buy it again (In the right shade) now that i've been reminded that i have it ! :)
Post a Comment