Hello you lovely Dutchess Roz readers, PinkLouLou here, PLL for short. Guest blogging for Miss Roz while she is on "holiday" as she says (I just used my very best english accent) nothing better than a southern gal trying to sound British right? ;)
Anyhoo, not sure how much you know about me, but if you need the background, here ya go. Grab a cocktail cause my love life story is out of control, and you are gonna need it. I am from the South (for you overseas readers, YES I am from Kentucky, born and raised.) As the gorgeous Ashley Judd once best put it:
"Sure, the girls from New York, they are tough. And girls from Georgia, they are sweet. But those born and bred fiesta Kentucky girls, they are the ones you have to look out for. We have sugar and fire in our blood. We can ride a horse, be a debutante, throw a left hook, and tell you the entire UK line up all while making sweet tea. And if we have an opinion, you get to know it. We're both the pride and the downfall of the Bluegrass…"
Now let me tell ya a little difference about the South and oh, all other parts of the country. We get married young. I am 26, and for the past four years my summers have been filled with 8-10 weddings a piece. No lie. Now don't go thinking I am all anti-wedding or anything like that. I love weddings. Open bar, dancing, seeing your best friends find true love, I love all of these things. But there comes a point when you reach your mid- late twenties, and you are nowhere near matrimonial wedded bliss, that you get confronted with this question:
"Sooo why is it that you are still single?"
All.the.time.
"I mean, you are a pretty, smart, fun girl, I am just surprised you haven't found anyone…"
Well obviously there must be something HORRIBLY wrong with me if I haven't been scooped and married before I turn 30. Ha, I mean seriously you would be surprised by how many times I am asked this question. I mean what is this 1964 Jackson Mississippi? No. It is 2011. And guess what, times ain't like the use to be kids. One time my mother actually said to me "Sometimes I feel sorry for you girls, I just always had your father…" that is great mom. I am glad you and dad met when you were 13 and have been together ever since. But guess what, I happen to LOVE my life. I am 26, I have the best girlfriends in the world, and I have had some pretty amazing times being single and 20 something.
Do I want to find that perfect person to spend my life with? Absolutely.All I ever wanted growing up was to be a momma and housewife. But I am NOT in a rush to make something work that isn't right. I have been there. I have had that 4 carat Tiffany sparkler on my left hand. (ok maybe it wasn't four carats ;) and it was hearts on fire not Tiffany, but whatever HA) but I was there. I called off my engagement for Pete's sake (click here if you want THAT whole story). If I had wanted to get married for the sake of not being that 'single girl' don't' you think I would have done it? But it wasn't right, and this chic is NOT settling.
So it just burns me up when I get the standard "how come you are single?" pity question. Seriously makes me want to chug a glass of wine and say "because I like to kiss any cute boyI want" HA!
So girls that are married, I am so happy for you and I hope to be there one day. Girls that are single and feeling the pressure, STOP it! Go get your best girlfriends together, put on a hot dress, grab a martini and go HAVE FUN! I promise you, you will miss these days. So LIVE IT UP! And RELAX, quit putting so much pressure on yourself! It will happen exactly how it is suppose to. And if I hear you are wasting your time moping around and 'woe as me-ing' instead of our there LIVING your twenties, I am gonna march my tail over to your house, with all my best dresses in tow, margarita in hand, give you some super fab southern hair, and take your hot ass out dancing! Don't test me, you know I will do it.
So. In conclusion, for the love of ALL single twenty somethings everywhere, please do NOT ask the dreaded "why are you single" question. I promise you, we are gonna be just fine. And we are gonna look hot as hell doing it ;)
PinkLouLou
Roz: Oh PLL you are just TOO cute! Honestly girls, I only found PLL's blog a couple of months ago but ever since then I have been hooked. She's such a typical Southern Belle with the biggest heart and her blogs posts always make me smile, cry or just crack up out loud! She also has some amazing hair 'poofing' skills worth checking out but most of all I love her upbeat personality and 'zest' for life. I know for sure that if I was living in Kentucky, we'd be besties hehe :) Also I SOOOO agree with this post - I (plus many of my fabulous single girlfriends) always get asked, so why are you single? And it's really really frustrating! So thanks PLL for this lovely upbeat post and all you girls out there make sure you check out her blog - I bet you'll get hooked on it just like me! xoxo


19 comments:
Haha love this post! Made me laugh. Totally agree.
http://victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com/
Isn't PLL a doll? I been following her blog a few months now :)
LOVES IT :)
Oh and PLL- you may enter my home with fantastic dresses, LOTS of margaritas and we will hit the town :) AND KISS CUTE BOYS! =)
altho im married, but i did have years of 'torture' from that question lol and i thought questions would stop but no, now its like 'when u gonna have babies' arghhh and im sure after i have my first baby, the next question would be 'when u gonna have a 2nd one? single childs are so lonely u know bla bla bla'
why people cant mind their own business? i have 2 sis not yet married and they get the question now from relatives n friends..when im with them, i'll defend them by replying on their behalf 'there is just alot of cocks to try before settling down with just one' lol
xoxo elle
Followed you over ;) love this post..... Why are you single? Because you like to have fun!! Lol
Story of my life!!!! I could not have put it better myaself. Love you! X0X0 LLLL the 1st
Ooh PLL, this post is amazing... it's exactly what I want to tell people all the time!
I am SO glad there are other amazing ladies out there who are happily single and living it up & NOT SETTLING. Go us! ;-)
LOVE you PLL! Glad I found your blog too miss dutchess =]
Great post PLL! :) Roz.. love your blog.. found from PLL's bloggie! So precious... and you need to come visit us KY girls sometime!!
You are such a doll PLL! Love following both of your blogs.
http://madeupdarling.blogspot.com/
You are incredible!
Some how you always manage to get emotions out of me! I laugh{this post is funny}, i cry {you romantic love story}~ You just Fabulous!
Wish I could live closer to hang out with you! You are something special!)
XO,
Yelena
great post, thanks for sharing! i loved it and her personality, going to check out the blog
Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com
New follower! This article was priceless!!!!
You know that is funny, I love my husband but sometimes I long for the 'just me' days. I make sure never to ask the dreaded question, instead I encourage it and try to live vicarioulsy!!
loving allison's post... adorable! and VERY TRUE! roz... also loving your blog!!! found it through PLL's site. very cute. i'm now following you dear! be back soon. :)
p.s. come visit me too :)
http://nomnomnom-dot-com.blogspot.com/
I love Lou Lou. She is certainly the sweetest. I am so glad she guest posted on your blog however becuase you are adorable! I have already spent the better part of the morning catching up on your different posts!
PLL, you rocked THIS! haha ROCKED. IT!! I am fist pumping in the office. You know I am right there on Alllllll of it.
hot? more like pudgy and home hair dye blonde piggy...
Post a Comment