Pages

Monday, November 15

Healthy Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars!

Want a delicious filling snack without any guilt? 
Then look no further than my amazing Healthy Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars!!! 
Ingredients: 
1 + 1/2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup dried fruit (I used 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots, 1/4 cup golden raisins, 1/4 cup normal raisins)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 + 1/4 cups skim milk
1 egg 
1 tsp vanilla

Let's start making these yummy and healthy snack bars!
♥ Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F)
♥ Start by adding all dry ingredients in a bowl. Start by adding oats (1), walnuts (2), dried fruit (3 & 4), cinnamon (5) and salt (6)
♥ Mix them all together (7)
♥ In a separate bowl add the milk (8), egg (9) and vanilla (10)
♥ Pour the wet into the dry ingredients (11)
♥ and stir to combine (12)

Super easy right?! 

Now pour the mix into a 23x23cm (9x9inch) baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with baking paper. Pop this baby in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Cut into squares & let it cool! While delicious, the only sweetness in these comes from the dried fruit so you can add in 1/4 – 1/2 cup brown sugar (or honey) if you like, but personally I don't feel it needs it. 

The variations for these bars are endless: cranberries, coconut, all kinds of dried fruit (e.g: dates, apples, cherries, banana) and nuts, seeds etc! (you could even add some chocolate chips...hehe) 
I usually wrap each bar in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer. This means I can easily grab & go for a healthy (but delicious) snack or microwave for instant enjoyment. Note: these are not crunchy like a granola bar, but they are chewy like thick muffin. I can pretty much guarantee that you will love them & whoohoo you actually won't have to feel guilty when you can't stop eating them ;) 
ENJOY xoxo

Original recipe from Kath Eats

12 comments:

Anna Saccone said...

YUM! I will definitely be trying these...they look amazing! <3

Lydia said...

They look so yummy!! x

Ai said...

They look really yummy♥ I'll have to try these :D

xoxo
Ai

xoxo Mimi said...

Hummm. Love yummy and HEALTHY stuff. I think I just might make these tomorrow. Since Ill have nothing else to do. Itll keep me busy and make me popular when my bf gets home from work. He will love this

Terri said...

They look great!
I definitely want to try this!

www.fortheloveofallthingsgirly.blogspot.com

Terri, xoxo

TheOtherSideofCool said...

these look great... wish I wasn't so cursed in the kitchen department! xx

Unknown said...

They are definitely yummy!
@haribo, honestly these are so easy, even IF 'cursed' in the kitchen department, nothing much can go wrong when making these - give it a go I say :) xoxo

marionachic said...

FANTASTIC BLOG:)FOLLOW YOU,FOLLOW ME?

Unknown said...

hungryyy!!!!! ;D
my name's martina and I come from Italy...I 'd like you follow me... visit my blog! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss ^^

ale said...

i'll try these as soon as possibble
thanks for sharing
kisses

hushedwun1234 said...

Yumm *drools* lol i cant wait to try this , and i lurv the whole pic fing such a mint idea x

Order Anti-Depressants said...

This is good site to spent time on.