Pages

Tuesday, November 2

I finally got NAKED >

Ever since the HUGE praise started in the blogosphere about the Urban Decay NAKED palette months ago, I knew this palette was something I just HAD to get my hands on! One little problem, it wasn't available in The Netherlands :( So I waited and waited...but as soon as I was in London and saw it calling my name at Debenhams, I was sold! So I know this is a little late and there's already a million other reviews out there about this palette, but just thought I'd quickly put in my two pennies worth :)
The NAKED Palette in its full glory! (hehe can you spot me in the mirror?)

What does Urban Decay say:
"These neutrals won't leave you naked. THIS is how Urban Decay does neutral: Far from a group of boring beige shadows, this long, lean, seductive case is packed with TWELVE gorgeous neutrals. Shades range from delicate champagnes to dark, gritty gunmetal. This is a shadow palette that everyone will want, everyone can use, and everyone will buy. Experiment with office-appropriate neutrals, summertime bronzy looks, or sultry smokiness (achieve golden, brownie, or grey-hued shade combos). With all this at your fingertips…you'll hardly need clothes at all."
The palette is packaged in a beautiful velvet chocolate brown case and contains 12 full sized eyeshadows, a double-ended version of the award-winning 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (black) and Whisky (a warm brown shade without sparkle) and a miniature bottle of Eyeshadow Primer Potion.

The palette contains 7 existing shades and 5 brand new ones. You'll get:
Permanent collection shades:
♥ Gunmetal (gray with silver sparkle)
♥ Half Baked (subtle, lustrous bronze)
♥ Naked (matte buff nude)
♥ Sidecar (cocoa with golden sparkle sheen)
♥ Sin (champagne shimmer)
♥ Smog (coppery chocolate bronze)
♥ Toasted (rich copper)

Brand new shades:
♥ Buck (matte nutmeg)
♥ Creep (onyx with golden sparkle)
♥ Darkhorse (bronze patina)
♥ Hustle (plum bronze satin)
♥ Virgin (satin chamois)
Swatched from L to R: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, 
Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal
All summed up: 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette! Why? 
♥ Gorgeous range of colours and textures: everything from glitter, to shimmer to matte.
♥ Great pigmentation; the shades go on smooth, blend perfectly and stay put all day and night.
♥ Every shade is usable. You can create numerous looks; from a subtle neutral eye to using the shimmery & darker colours to create a more sexy and sultry look. 
♥ Great value for money; 12 full sized eyeshadows, 2 eyeliners & a primer for only £27 or US$44.
♥ Size; the packaging is super sleek & therefore perfect to put in your purse or take traveling with you.

Here the first FOTD (of many more to come) using my new beloved NAKED palette: 
♥ Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Sidecar (all over lid)
Urban Decay Darkhorse (outer corner of lid, crease & lower lashline)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Zero (waterline + smudged into upper lashline)
MaxFactor Calorie 2000 Mascara

Honestly I'd recommend the Urban Decay NAKED palette for every girl, even if you are not a huge cosmetics collector. This is one product I feel is a must have & I can guarantee you won't be disappointed! 
Do you own NAKED and are you as besotted with it as I am? xoxo

11 comments:

Laura-PBN said...

I luuuuurve my Naked palette an have honestly used at least one shade from it daily (usually 'Naked' or 'Virgin'). Love the look you created with it and your lashes always look so feathery and pretty. Very jealous! xxx

Lauren Baker said...

Yayy!! I've been loving mine as well ever since I purchased it a few months ago. It's seriously one of the best products ever!

Unknown said...

This is on my wishlist! Love your FOTD as well

Anonymous said...

Love your FOTD!
Sidecar, Buck and gunmetal are my favorite colors of the group--so pretty!

Laura said...

This has been on my wishlist for AGES! Looks so, soo gorgeous, and your FOTD is stunning! Need Naked in my life :) xx

BeautyLoves said...

I adore mine!! If I ever get trough the pans, I'm definitely buying a new one!

Danielle said...

I live in the Netherlands too and honestly.. I was jumping up and down a NY Sephora when I found this palette! I was so excited I'd found one. I've been using it every single day since I got back. Defintely my new favourite palette!

MISS LUCY... said...

Loving the EOTD, so pretty! xx

Kasia said...

The colors are gorgeous and you look beautiful!

<3
www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

Anna Saccone said...

Sooo pretty....this is definitely my kind of palette seeing as I run from any kind of bright colours in my make-up, hahaha! Thanks so much for the review, the shadows look amazing on you!

Anonymous said...

fioricet vicodenfiorinal fioricet

Club profits often can operate on a exempt money.