Most of you are probably familiar with the concept of wearing white eyeliner on the waterline of your lower lashline to help brighten and widen the eye. And if you didn't know this, well, then you've learned something new today! :p Even though some people swear by this look, I have to admit that most of the time I tend line my waterline with darker eyeliners or leave it au naturel, because I find that the white liner look can looked a little harsh on me...
Then, recently I read in a fashion magazine about the latest nude eyeliner from Chanel's 2010 Fall line and was instantly intrigued. Their Chanel Intense Le Crayon Khol - Clair (#69) is a nude/flesh toned liner, with no hit of shimmer - which makes it ideal for opening up the eyes, enhancing a wide eye look without the stark feeling that a white liner can sometimes give. Keen to try out this product; I went to the Chanel counter and got this limited edition eyeliner.

I love how it brightens my eye in a soft way, blends, looks natural and makes my eyes look bigger without a noticeable white line. I also adore that Chanel supplies a sharpener with their eyeliners.
Great product to use on those days where you look like you could have done with a few extra hours in bed ;) Plus it can also be used as a nude lipliner!
Only one small negative: I wish the pencil was a little softer, more kohl-like. It's quite hard and therefore you have to go over it a few times to get the proper effect. But overall I think this is a great buy for people that want to brighten their eyes and look FRESH and awake!
Ps: I have also read a lot about Benefit's Eye Bright Liner...
What do YOU use to brighten your eyes, any recommendations? xoxo
11 comments:
I use a white eye liner on my water line to brighten my eyes. \i find it works great make them really look like there opened out
Really like how that looks in the pic! Do you know if that eye pencil is similar to Stila topaz? I use Mac's Fascinating eye kohl on my waterline, but sometimes feel like it looks harsh in the white...so I really wanna try this product! Great post!
Wow, this is the perfect naturally fresh look! I must look into this liner now!
I feel the same way about white liner on me, it's too harsh. I do love Benefit's Eye Bright though, the slight pink tinge is money on my skin tone.
I use the benefit eye bright pencil on the inner corners of my eyes and it's amazing! I love how it just brightens the eyes.
I also recently started using YSL touche eclat under my eyes as a concealer/brightener and it really looks incredible!
veronikasblushing.com
@ MakeupFashion Love: I dont have Stila Topaz so not 100% sure but I have MAC Fascinating eyeliner too and feel sometimes it's just a little too white on me. Some people really suit this look but don't know personally on me am not a big fan of it.
@Andi & Veronika: Oeh really want to try Benefit Eye Bright then! :) Thanks for the recommendations! xoxo
hey i never knew using a white eyliner on the water line can make ur eyes look bigger, m gonna try it
I just use a cheap white liner I bought from a supermarket and it works but you're right about it seeming a bit harsh- a bit obvious really. This nude looks lovely :) x
This looks great! I've got the Stila Topaz kajal and it just feels a bit yellow and obvious, this looks much more subtle. Might have to try it out! Thanks for sharing :) xx
The nude eyeliner looks great on you! I always felt the white eyeliner looked hard on me too.. but whenever I find an eyeliner that's more or less nude, or a very light yellow, it tends to have shimmer... I'm definitely going to check out this Chanel one!!
Thanks for sharing♥
xoxo
http://candy-apples.blogspot.com/
I love this too, wear it every day! xx
It is a nice eyeliner. But it's so expensive for me. Can anybody offer me similar eyeliner?Thanks:)
Post a Comment