Pages

Wednesday, November 10

Topshop Lazy Days FOTD

When browsing the cosmetics section at Topshop a few weeks ago I picked up one of their eye pencils. I got the crayon in 'Lazy Days'. I was drawn to it because it reminded me of NARS Night Star eyeshadow, which has been on my lust list for yonks!
Topshop describes it as: Chunky eyeshadow pencil with glitter for shading, lining and defining eyes. 
Its available on the Topshop website for £6

I created a FOTD recently using the Lazy Days Crayon:
♥ Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Topshop Lazy Days Crayon (all over lid)
MA
C Wedge e/s (crease & lower lashline)
MAC Engraved eyeliner (waterline)
Barry M liquid liner in black (upper lashline)
MAC Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara

♥ Lips:
YSL Rouge Volupte in Lingerie Pink

What I think of this product? It's a nice and creamy pencil that applies smoothly and is easy to blend. I really love the soft pink/nude colour with its slight gold glitters (which unfortunately don't seem to photograph that well, grrr). The only downfall is that when using this crayon as an eyeshadow it's perhaps a little too creamy and doesn't really 'set' into a powder finish. I used a primer but still found it smudged, creased and faded after only a few hours. Therefore I think this pencil is great for a day look but not ideal for if you are going out at night because think due to heat of bars etc this would smudge and fade too much. 
Do you have any of the Topshop pencils and what do you think?

3 comments:

Milly said...

oooh you beaut. This looks lovely on you hun. And yay for YSL Lingerie Pink...one of my all time fave lippies :) xx

Ai said...

Too bad it creases... I have oily lids so I definitely couldn't wear it :( But nonetheless, pink eyeshadow looks so pretty♥

How are you doing in London???

xoxo
Ai

Unknown said...

@ Milly - I know love Lingerie Pink :)
@ candy apples - yeah think this wouldn't be great for people with oily lids unfortunately! doing good in london thanks, have arrived safely and off to agency interviews today! xoxo