Pages

Friday, December 24

Christmas White Chocolate Rocky Road

Hey everyone,
I am happy to report that, very early this morinng, I arrived safe & sound in a freezing and white Holland. After a little power nap I spend the day catching up with friends over Glühwein (= mulled wine) at the beach (which was covered in snow....) Afterwards I wrapped up all my presents, placed them under the tree and did some last minute 'baking'. I love giving people foody presents and when I found this recipe online, I thought it was an excellent idea as a Christmas treat! It's really easy to make, with no baking involved and you can pretty much change the ingredients according to your own preferences. 
Check out my DELICIOUS Christmas White Chocolate Rocky Road:
Ingredients:
♥ 250g white chocolate, chopped
♥ 1/3 cup chopped pistachio kernels, toasted
♥ 1/2 cup dried cranberries
♥ 100g white marshmallows (I used mix of white and pink)
♥ To make them even more festive & Christmassy; I added some silver decorative sugar balls to mine!
Note: You can be pretty flexible with the types and amounts of ingredients you use.
Method:
♥ Line the base and sides of a baking tin with baking paper and allow about a 2cm overhang. 
♥ Place the white chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until melted and smooth.
♥ Place pistachios, cranberries and marshmallows in a large bowl. Toss them all together. Then add melted chocolate and stir to combine. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours or until set.
♥ Cut into squares and serve. Or like me, wrap them up in cellophane and give them to people at Christmas! Don't they look yum and Christmassy? ENJOY! Merry Christmas xoxo

6 comments:

Ria said...

Yum!
Love this idea!Thanks for sharing!
Happy Christmas!

x

Lucie said...

OOh yum - my favourite would be mini marshmallows, crushed digestive biscuits, rice crispies and after I have mixed it in put it in a tray with a layer of chocolate already in the botton :)
happy xmas!

siberja said...

it looks delicious!
merry christmas to you and your family! :)

camgaga said...

yumm...merry christmas to you too..

Kaushal said...

This looks so yummy!! I can't wait to try something like this :)

Kaushal xx

Lior said...

omg this looke a-mazing!