On Saturday the 18th June I went to the famous Royal Ascot Races at Ascot Racecourse.
Royal Ascot is one of Europe's most famous horse race meetings, and dates back to 1711 when it was founded by Queen Anne. Every year Royal Ascot is attended by Queen Elizabeth II and various members of the British Royal Family, arriving each day in a horse-drawn carriage. It is a major event in the British social calendar, and press coverage of the attendees and what they are wearing often exceeds coverage of the actual racing! ‘Tradition, pageantry, fashion and style all meet in a glorious setting at one of the most beautiful racecourses in the country.’
What does this mean??? DRESSING UP TIME! :)
I’d done all my shopping and had found the perfect outfit at Reiss; a stunning green Grecian style dress! I matched my dress with a colourful fascinator (that I already owned) by Australian Designer Alannah Hill.
MakeUp wise this was my Face of the Day:
♥ Face MAC Studio Fix concealer in NC20
Estee Lauder Double Wear (Stay in Place Makeup; SPF10) mix of Fresco (N2N) & Desert Beige (2N1)
FYF Cosmetics –Impeccable Mineral Loose Powder in Medium
NARS Laguna Bronzer
MAC Warm Soul Mineral Blush
MAC Charcoal Brown e/s fill in brows
MAC clear brow gel to set brows
♥ Eyes
NARS Dogon eyeshadow Duo (light shade all over lid & dark colour in outer lid, crease & lower lash line)
MAC Fluidline in blacktrack applied with MAC 210 eyeliner brush
MAC Smolder kohl liner in waterline
NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
I proclaimed my love for the NARS Dogon eyeshadow Duo back in April at the launch of NARS's Summer 2011 Collection. You can read my original review here. I think this is such a beautiful duo and I have been using it lots! I love wearing the lighter colour all over the lid with the darker shade in the crease (as done in this FOTD) but have also used the two colours on top of each other for a stunning charchaol green smokey eye!
♥ Dogon Duo Eyeshadow (Limited Edition) £23.50 - get it online at Nars Cosmetics
Named for the Mali-based culture, this metallic taupe (with icy green sheen) and charcoal black duo eyeshadow delivers an unexpected twist on an otherwise neutral color combo. Blend the lighter shade from lashes to brow and smudge the darker hue in the crease and along lashes for added impact. When blended together, the shades create an iridescent green cast on the charcoal hue!
NARS Dogon Swatched:
From left to right: light colour, dark colour and both mixed together
Left: No Flash Right: With Flash
Here some more pictures of my day at Royal Ascot!
Loved my green dress! Reiss is one of my favourite shops here in London.I had a lovely day at the races; I got to see the Queen, drink (quite a few) champagnes, placed some bets on the horses (actually WON £20!) and watched a fashion show. Might have to do this again next year :)
Have you ever been to Royal Ascot or a day out at the Races in your country? xoxo


13 comments:
Gorgeous make-up! Looks like you had a lovely time :)
http://victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com/
you look gorgeous xx
You look gorgeous!
I love your dress, looks very cute:)
Ooohh! Very posh! You look stunning!
You look lovely! I do love going to the horse races here in Los Angeles, but they are much less glamorous than yours are :) It looks like you had so much fun!
xoxo
Aww you look lovely, I'm glad you had a great time. I have that dress too and wore it for my Babyliss video hehe :). Great minds.. xxx
That's an awesome look! You look perfect for a day at the races =) I really want to get a nice hate like that one your friend is wearing, too!
You look beautiful, I love that dress, so pretty! xo
love your hair fascinator!
i looove this make-up:)
You look pretty as always, looks like you had a fun day! :) xx
You both look stunning!
Hope you are still buzzing from Glee - I thought I wld post to say hi - it's me from the Glee corporate box!
It was very nice to meet you!
http://www.youtube.com/user/moodeve
http://moodevesbeautyworkout.blogspot.com/
xxxc
ty! Yes was humming most of the songs from last night today - and also that Gwynnie made her first appearance last night - we rock!
; D
xxx
Post a Comment